• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Hours not adding up

Squidgymelons

I've noticed some games have incorrect hours and some games have zero hours play time. I did a re sync but didn't fix it. Am I missing something or is it just wonky on certain games?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It’s up to the game developer to enable playtime tracking on Xbox, some do not support the stat so there won’t be any hours logged. The game itself might have a separate internal playtime tracker but the site will be unable to see that.

The hours played should be matching what is shown on your Xbox profile. So regarding incorrect hours - it's likely the same is shown there. Since we just read in the data from Xbox there isn't really anything we can do to improve the accuracy. I've found the Xbox tracking to be mostly accurate though, but it's possible certain games have issues yes.

Squidgymelons

It’s up to the game developer to enable playtime tracking on Xbox, some do not support the stat so there won’t be any hours logged. The game itself might have a separate internal playtime tracker but the site will be unable to see that.

The hours played should be matching what is shown on your Xbox profile. So regarding incorrect hours - it's likely the same is shown there. Since we just read in the data from Xbox there isn't really anything we can do to improve the accuracy. I've found the Xbox tracking to be mostly accurate though, but it's possible certain games have issues yes.
Okay cool thank you very much for the reply and info