• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How do I make ImagePacks?

solarnoise

Hi, I'm turning most of my PSX collection into eboots and I'm not satisfied with some of the imagepacks available.

How do I make my own sound and movie files? The images are easy enough but I don't know of any programs or codecs that can be used for the file types needed.

The sound is .AT3 and the movies are .PMF

Editing the sounds and videos isn't my concern, I just need to know how to get them into those formats and what restrictions are in place (IE size, length, etc)

If there is already a guide on this, I could not find it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi, I'm turning most of my PSX collection into eboots and I'm not satisfied with some of the imagepacks available.

How do I make my own sound and movie files? The images are easy enough but I don't know of any programs or codecs that can be used for the file types needed.

The sound is .AT3 and the movies are .PMF

Editing the sounds and videos isn't my concern, I just need to know how to get them into those formats and what restrictions are in place (IE size, length, etc)

If there is already a guide on this, I could not find it.

You can use GoldWave to convert sound to AT3 format. The converted file must be no more than 500KB in size.

As for PMF format movies, it is a bit more tricky. The only way to create these files at the moment is by using Sony's official UMD tools. Obviously I can't provide a link to these.

Recin

You can use GoldWave to convert sound to AT3 format. The converted file must be no more than 500KB in size.

As for PMF format movies, it is a bit more tricky. The only way to create these files at the moment is by using Sony's official UMD tools. Obviously I can't provide a link to these.

I actually was just trying to do that last night, get some audio convereted into this format, it ended with me uninstalling goldwave, and not having the audio file I wanted. :\

I installed the proper codec according to this off-site guide I found on google, but when I went to choose the codec listed in the guide (it says choose .wav extention, then under that choose the codec) I found about 200 some-odd options listed, but not the proper one. :\

solarnoise

Clearly people are able to do this easily, as there are plenty of image packs on the PSP Image Pack site...

Sony UMD Tools appears to be the only good way to do this, but there aren't any easily findable guides on the net