• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How do you get your music?

Slasher

Suck It
I never heard it and not even sure I'll like it. usually I'll pay for the CD from bands or artists I like, but I am not paying that much for a CD I never heard.
It's always more expensive in Canada :laugh: Exchange rate + generally higher prices + tax (14%)
Most of my earlier purchases were $19.99 or $16.99, usually above $15 anyways. These were newly released at the time though. I've seen even higher before, like $25, etc. Waay too much for a CD if you ask me
No quality control.
You mean like music quality? I just look on the far right where it says the kbps and download ones that are usually 192 and up

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
[HIGHLIGHT]It's always more expensive in Canada[/HIGHLIGHT] :laugh:
Most of my earlier purchases were $19.99 or $16.99, usually above $15 anyways. These were newly released at the time though. I've seen even higher before, like $25, etc. Waay too much for a CD if you ask me

I completely forgot about that. I don't even think I can name an album I like enough to pay $25+ for.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
i used to use morpheus but amazon brought them out so you have to pay. =(

Now im forced to use limewire because bearshare has pop ups and sux.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I primarily use Waffles, What, and SCC. If I really like a song I usually end up buying the CD, to support the artist and so I can rip it in lossless.

Seth

MD Party Room
I found a really nice torrent music site called coda.fm....I in love with it...It open to everyone..

Seth

MD Party Room
To be far the seeds on that seem to be pretty high...

Mister Chief

I use rapidshare.

Slimewire is pretty terrible. I love searching for 'The Ex - Billy Talent' and the results all being 'The Ex - Billy Talent teen gets gang banged and creamed on by big black guy'.

Serideth

Torrents is the only way to get decent music imo.

I like my tracks organized and high quality, I don't understand people who just download them randomly off p2p.

futuregator15

Lovin OS X
I found a really nice torrent music site called coda.fm....I in love with it...It open to everyone..

Yea, I found that too. Not a nice collection yet but they're upcoming. Being a public tracker isn't that great either. But hey I love the way that they organize their music. Oh, and I dropped piolet and now am using What.cd full time now.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I do it via Warez, which is basically Rapidshare or any other online hosting site.

futuregator15

Lovin OS X
I do it via Warez, which is basically Rapidshare or any other online hosting site.

I never liked downloading music that way. I mean rapidshare was pretty fast If file split into chunks, other than that i don't see why you would download that way

Seth

MD Party Room
I never liked downloading music that way. I mean rapidshare was pretty fast If file split into chunks, other than that i don't see why you would download that way
Most cd are just one rar file...Not sure what your talking about..

Chathurga

If you're getting albums in one RAR then chances are it's not good quality.
btw, RARing MP3s/FLACs/etc is a futile process as music is generally extremely compressed. The only thing it does is put them in one file.