• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How to convert PSone games to PSP EBOOTs

eudeneuden

they call me MC struggle...

QUOTE: originally posted by x3sphere
Are you using the latest PSX2PSP release? (version 1.2, linked in the first post) Also for the settings in your recovery menu the GAME folder kernel setting should be set to 3.71.

I do have the newest version of psx2psp (v1.2). I have switched back and forth between the 1.5 and 3.71 kernel placing a game in each game folder (GAME, GAME 1.5 and GAME 371) on my memory card, trying all combinations, and I still cannot play. I tried an alternative method using autopopstation4 and what it produces is different from psx2psp. It will create 2 files (.DAT and .PBP) where psx2psp only creates the folder with the game id as its name and one eboot file (.PBP). Neither method has (so far) worked for me but I was wondering if using one program or the other is better (I like psx2psp better cuz it looks up the game id and save id for you).
If you could please let me know anything else that you think it might be, or where else I could look to help get this fixed I would be forever grateful. I have been working on this for three days now with no results. Have you seen that movie scanners, my head feels like the guy at the end.
The games I wave been trying to get going are FF7,8,9, Parasite eve, and marvel vs capcom (as a control because all of my other games are multi disks). Also should I have any other folders in my game folder besides the one I add with the eboot file? I ask this because when I look at my snes emulator there is two folder, one named SNES9xTYL and another named SNES9xTYL%. should I be making folders like these to hold my psx roms (probably a stupid question but im running out if ideas)?

eudeneuden

and one more thing...
when I make rip the image from the ps1 disk should it be named xxxx.bin.iso, or just xxxx.iso?

and should I have the "apply patches" option checked?

also what settings should be checked under the option tab to make these work?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Shouldn't need to touch any of the options in the PSX2PSP config. By any chance did you install the 1.5 kernel patch for 3.71 M33-2? Some users have reported problems with booting PSX games after applying the patch.

It's ok if you have other folders in the GAME folder.

eudeneuden

ok so i finally got some actually going (parasite eve, final fantasy 8,9) by doing nothing different... for some reason I had to put them in the GAME folder not the 150 or the 371. now my problem is that when I try to play ff9 just when I pick new game in the menu options it goes to a black screen like it is trying to load but just hangs there. is there something else that I have to do or should I try getting ahold of another ff9 copy?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ok so i finally got some actually going (parasite eve, final fantasy 8,9) by doing nothing different... for some reason I had to put them in the GAME folder not the 150 or the 371. now my problem is that when I try to play ff9 just when I pick new game in the menu options it goes to a black screen like it is trying to load but just hangs there. is there something else that I have to do or should I try getting ahold of another ff9 copy?

Ah ok. Yeah going by your other post I assumed you were placing them in the GAME folder.

FF9 (US version) works... sounds like you should get another copy.

RETHINK_THAT

Yes! I can play SPRYO on my PSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh how long I've been waiting. I guess CTR just can't work...what a shame. Oh well. Anyway, I have 3.71 M33-2 firmware, everything is default (for whoever asked).

eudeneuden

I do have one more question regarding the "saveID/gameID" for multi disk games. All i am supposed to do is match the save ID for each disk and not the game ID right. The game ID's should all be slightly different per disk, correct?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I do have one more question regarding the "saveID/gameID" for multi disk games. All i am supposed to do is match the save ID for each disk and not the game ID right. The game ID's should all be slightly different per disk, correct?

Yes that's correct.

narutomaster69

Hi i'm new and i was going to use this guide to put FF VII on my psp, but i have a question. Do the softwares mentioned in this guide work on a mac. Because i don't have my windows anymore so is there a way to do this on a mac. Please Help.

Thnx BTW for all the guides.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
There are no converters aimed at the Mac specifically. In fact, there's nothing for anything other than Windows except for a python script I wrote for linux. While it could be used with other platforms than linux, it would require a bit more knowledge than most people have.

You can find the python script here:
http://forums.exophase.com/showpost.php?p=22284&postcount=11

It DOES work on OSX, but I had trouble getting it to use the internal drive on my old G3. I wasn't too worried about it at the time as I mostly use linux. You might have to set up your Mac to dual boot between OSX and linux and use the script in linux.

DmnJay

hi,

I actually have the exact same problem the euden euden had (see pages 4&5 of this thread) and although Im glad his eventually worked, but Ive tried putting the psx games in every folder, Ive tried switching the kernel mode but I cant get it to work. Im using the hot shots golf because when I had 3.52m33 it loaded just fine. Now its not loading at all. I get this black screen with a bunch of writing, then it hangs and shuts off. I have a 380m33v4 psp phat with the 150 kernel added. I dont even get the popsloader menu when I try and Ive tried shutting it off and on in the plugins part of the recovery menu. Im at a complete loss and Ive been pouring over the forums and cant find any direct answer to the problem... HELP! lol...

JonC04

hi,

I actually have the exact same problem the euden euden had (see pages 4&5 of this thread) and although Im glad his eventually worked, but Ive tried putting the psx games in every folder, Ive tried switching the kernel mode but I cant get it to work. Im using the hot shots golf because when I had 3.52m33 it loaded just fine. Now its not loading at all. I get this black screen with a bunch of writing, then it hangs and shuts off. I have a 380m33v4 psp phat with the 150 kernel added. I dont even get the popsloader menu when I try and Ive tried shutting it off and on in the plugins part of the recovery menu. Im at a complete loss and Ive been pouring over the forums and cant find any direct answer to the problem... HELP! lol...

What version of POPS Loader are you using? Did you follow the instructions to a Tee? Did you change the endings of the files in "seplugins" to the version of Popsloader you were loading... for example: 3.72Popsloader then you would rename the ".prx" files in the X:/seplugins/Popsloader with the version of Pops you would like to use such as: "pops.prx" and rename it to "pops372.prx".

filet0fish

hi all, i'm very very new to this. so please forgive me if i'm asking a stupid question.

i've got my psx ff7 on pal.
can i just convert this game to be able to play on my psp, or do i still have to get myself a popsloader, then convert the game and play?

please help dummy here.

thanks.