• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How To Fix Corrupted Game/Files on Your Memory Stick

dennis96411

Have you ever got annoyed by corrupted files? Like games for example? When you take a look at the info, it say a couple of gigabytes, and when you try to delete it, it won't work? Not even on the computer? Well, this should hopefully fix it! Let's get this party started!

NOTE: THIS MIGHT RENDER THE CORRUPTED FILE UNUSABLE, AND THIS MIGHT NOT FIX THE FILE, BUT MAKE YOU ABLE TO DELETE IT. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Requirements:
PSP
Computer
[Optional] Memory Stick Duo Adaptor

1. Connect your PSP to your computer and put your PSP into USB mode.
2. Open Computer (for Vista and up), or My Computer (for older Windows).
3. Right click on your PSP's drive.
4. Click on "Properties".
5. Click on the "Tools" tab.
6. Click the "Check Now..." button under the "Error-checking" section.
7. Select all the check boxes.
8. Press the "Start" button.
9. Wait 10 to 30 minutes or until it finishes.
10. Exit out.
Done!

To check if the corrupted file is "fixed" and delete it:
1. Connect your PSP to your computer and put your PSP into USB mode.
2. Open Computer (for Vista and up), or My Computer (for older Windows).
3. Open your PSP's drive.
4. Go to the corrupted file or folder. It should now come up as a file that cannot be opened.
5. Delete it.
6. Go to the root of your Memory Stick, and delete the folder you do not recognize (It might be named ***_*****, sorry, don't remember cuz I deleted it).
7. Exit out.

There! That should fix your corruption problem eh?

angelsniper45

yes i had a file like this once after i compiled it from source, it left me with some .trash file on the root of the memory stick and i wasnt able to delete it without it deleting everything else in the GAME folder.

january39

eXo Staff
Might be worth adding the formay memory card via PC option also, as this can reformat to FAT and a side effect is that it does not create any folders at all. Confusing if you are a noob

ashley006

Help ive done what you said but most of my saves are deleted? how to get them back??

You can recover deleted pictures, audio files, video files from memory card very easily using Remo Recover(Windows) - Media Edition software.The software can recover data from formatted memory card as well. The software has the capacity to recover deleted data or lost data from memory card, hard drive, external hard drive, flash drive and USB drive.You can download and install demo version of the software in your system to evaluate chances of recovery.

i had his same problem....thanks to you its solved now.....i followed the exact steps you told and voila !!...........i WOULD like to know if i can retrieve the saved files.....mine are OK but in case i lose them I'd better know a way out......