• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How To Install CFW From OFW5.03 Or under

Alex

Note that this is for All PSP's upto installing CFW, so therefore, everyone can enjoy homebrew on there PSP'S.

First up, what you got to do is install 5.03OFW to your psp.

from there you can use the ChickHEN, ChickHen is a homebrew enabler.
To get the ChickHEN download the folder attached. Now, put all the pictures inside the picture folder of your psp and put h.bin in the root of the memorystick.
once this is done, go to the picture icon on the XMB and press X and scroll down to the bottom of the newly inserted pictures.
The PSP will crash and if it works properly will restart in a HEN mode.
The most easiest way reported to get this to work is to reset default settings on the PSP, but different things work on different PSP's.
This part is for PSP users without a PSP3k or a TA-08V3

Once into into the HEN environment copy the RECOVERY folder into PSP/GAME and run it. choose 5.00 and install a fresh CFW.

there you have it. CFW/HEN in less then 5 minutes if done properly.

MODS Feel free to edit/add to this as this is quite vague.

Recovery flasher - http://downloads.exophase.com/521/hellcats-recovery-flasher-160/
500.pbp - http://downloads.exophase.com/162/psp-firmware-500/

and Chickhen R2 - http://downloads.exophase.com/506/chickhen-homebrew-enabler-r2/

angelsniper45

Theres full CFW installation for psp3ks and ta-88v3s? I thought it was only certain functions like pops and ISO loaders and stuff. Great guide btw!

frisomel

tnx, alex_e for helping me out, this guide is more dan enough help for me, I just want to point out, that u need to put the chickHEN folder on the PSP/PHOTO folder not the PICTURE folder, and u must put the entire chickHEN folder in the PSP/PHOTO folder

It is also important to note that I have much success on enabling the HEN when I scrolled down the folder and then pressed left,right,left,right until the PSP crashes

Hope this helps!

Alex

tnx, alex_e for helping me out, this guide is more dan enough help for me, I just want to point out, that u need to put the chickHEN folder on the PSP/PHOTO folder not the PICTURE folder, and u must put the entire chickHEN folder in the PSP/PHOTO folder

It is also important to note that I have much success on enabling the HEN when I scrolled down the folder and then pressed left,right,left,right until the PSP crashes

Hope this helps!

yes that works, but, it worked better for me in the PICTURE folder :)

Alex

this is for the psp slim 3000 with ta08 v3

only up untill the part where you use recovery flasher.

if you go past that stage and attempt to install CFW, you will BRICK your PSP, and as it is a 3000, it will as good as a paperweight

tomguyz

Tomd3DogGz
CFWEnabler is on 3.50 ???

LatR317

I have a new slim 2000 PSP (with firmware version 5.03), and am trying to install the CFWenabler. I have followed the steps for the ChickHEN install, but nothing changed. The 5 pictures show up in the photo area and it does shutdown - but then nothing. Am I missing some step or doing something wrong? Thanks for any help!

Alex

Have you tried to press X on the photo then scroll all the way to bottom of them?

LatR317

Well, not the X was the O to confirm on the photos and then all the way to the bottom. It shut the PSP down but when I powered back up no change.

Alex

well you gotta keep trying, what i found useful is click on camera before you go to picture, then click picture and scroll to the bottom.

Also restoring default settings seems to help sometimes

Alex

Also make that you have the slim photo in there aswell

jason212

Hi my set is chickHEN psp2006 but when upgrade to 5.5gen d3 it turn to black screen.. pls assists..highly appreciate!

Alex

Hi my set is chickHEN psp2006 but when upgrade to 5.5gen d3 it turn to black screen.. pls assists..highly appreciate!

indeed your psp is bricked. Did you have a ta-88v3 or have 4.01 or higher when you bought it?
cause if you did, its your own fault, its say dont install cfw if you have.

look here http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780 , this is a well detailed guide to fix it, this will only work if you havent got a ta-88v3