• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How to restore battery back without second battery

dennis96411

Okay,I figure this neat idea out myself.
You don't have to spend $40 on another battery after you turn yours into jigkick and wanted to turn it back,I have a way to get around it:

But before you turn your battery into jigkick,please make sure you have backedup a eeprom.bin with Pandoras Battery Creator,if you didn't,download the package "eeprom dot bin" provided below,then extract eeprom.bin into the root of your memory stick.

REQUIREMENT:
1 PSP with a charger.

1: Take out your jigkick battery(originaly a normal battery)after you use it as a jigkick.
2: Plug your charger to your psp,don't worry about no orange light:).
3: Turn on the PSP.
4: Make sure it only gets green light on power.
5: Put your battery back(DO NOT TURN OFF PSP WHILE PUTTING BACK YOUR BATTERY,or you'll have to start with step 3 again).
6: If you see orange light and you're in XMB then congratuation,but you're not finished.
7: Now make sure you have the app:pandoras Battery Creator.If you don't have it,download the package "Pandoras Battery Creator"provided below and go to the folder 1.50 if you have firmware 1.50,or go into 3.xx if you have custom firmware,then extract the PSP folder into the root of your PSP,click Yes to All,then disconnect your PSP.
8: Go under Memory Stick under GAME menu under XMB and run it.
9: Click [] and restore your battery,then exit the app.
10: Please test it below:
================Optional for testing===================
1: Unplug the charger.
2: Turn off your PSP.
3: Take out battery(A MUST)
4: Turn on your PSP again.
5: Make sure your PSP goes into the XMB or your UMD.If it still goes into Pandoras recovery menu,please redo all the step.

Note:This does not modify flash0,so 100% BRICK FREE,and noob free.

Any problem or question do PM me,I'm glad I can help.

Attachments

• Pandoras Battery Creator.rar
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,323
  • eeprom dot bin.rar
    325 bytes · Views: 1,102

Acerthief

good job. +reps!:)

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Well, I still plan to have one new battery dedicated to being a jig-kicker. That way, if I brick, I don't need another PSP to convert the battery. By the same token, I'll have one stick dedicated to being a jig-stick. Both will go in my PSP first aid kit. :biggrin:

Roe

lol yeah good idea. I suppose this guide is for the people who dont have the money to go buy another mem stick and battery

XsavioR

For the record this does NOT work on all psp's. w/o battery my green light simply turns on for a second then off.

dennis96411

Hey everyone I've updated my guide, so this time it'll work flawlessly, I hope.

Clyde18

Oh no! Bad news, and I need help pls!

I get the message:

"The game could not be started (80020148 )"

when i ran the Pandora Battery Tool. I followed all the instructions trying to convert my jigkick back to a normal one. I'm running 3.90 M33 btw... is that a problem?

KRS

XsavioR
For the record this does NOT work on all psp's. w/o battery my green light simply turns on for a second then off.
try it again, you have to make it absolut powerless (no cord, no battery)

then replug the power

it takes often a second time to turn power back on.

clyde: 80020148 = PRX type unsupported
dont know how to solve it, took it only from a error list

vuanhquan92

When I turn my MS into Magic MS, I can't simply detect any files on my PSP , I created ISO folder on the ROOT and copied games on it, but it still nothing, unless I reformatted the MS=>>no more Unbriker files, I just have 1 MS and I really want to keep unbriker files.....Can someone help me

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
When I turn my MS into Magic MS, I can't simply detect any files on my PSP , I created ISO folder on the ROOT and copied games on it, but it still nothing, unless I reformatted the MS=>>no more Unbriker files, I just have 1 MS and I really want to keep unbriker files.....Can someone help me

Are you sure your memory stick is not fake? Tried formatting it? This is a symptom exhibited by fake sticks...

chukslee

Plz help, i just installed ultimate vsh menu, and i set the convert battery to pandora, when i rebooted my psp it does not boot to xmb anymore, it just only brings green light from the power indicator, hv any experience this kind of situation.?

january39

eXo Staff
Plz help, i just installed ultimate vsh menu, and i set the convert battery to pandora, when i rebooted my psp it does not boot to xmb anymore, it just only brings green light from the power indicator, hv any experience this kind of situation.?

A pandora battery will do exactly what is happening to you. I.e by using the pandora the PSP is searching for a IPL - You do not have one installed to your MS and so all you get is a green light and blank screen. This fact is well documented.

Install the TM-IPL to your Memory stick and try it again. You may need to do this via a card reader and your pc as unless you can boot to a pandora program, you cannot convert it back (the battery, that is) in order to restore to normal service aka a normal battery and not a pandora battery.

OR use pandora deluxe and turn your MS to a magic one and install the IPL that way - Pandora Deluxe

For a meaning to some of the terminology i am using, please hit the guide link in my sig.