• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How to take screenshots in the PSP

Darkchild

The Doctor
Ok, First of all I would like to thank Acerthief for giving me the files for this.
Now what you must do:

1- Download the attachment : View attachment 11693_SVCapture05.zip
For 3.71M33 Download Here: 11693_SVCapture05 for 3.71 M33.rar

2- Extract it

3- Inside its folder you can see various files, copy capture.prx and capture.ini to your psp's "Seplugins" folder (if it doesn't exist just make a new folder on the root of the PSP called "seplugins"

4- Open vsh.txt (if it doesn't exist, create it, a plain txt file will do) and write there:
ms0:/seplugins/capture.prx

Note: if you already have something on your VSH.txt just add it :)

5- (OPTIONAL) repeat step 4 but with game.txt and pops.txt (For taking screenshots ingame)

6- Turn off your PSP and back on while pressing R (to enter recovery mode)

7- Go to plugins and activate all "capture.prx" plugins

8- Exit the recovery menu and Press the note button to take screenshots and L+note button to make an animated gif out of it (to stop press note again)

9-(OPTIONAL) copy __SCE__SVCPlayer and %__SCE__SVCPlayer to your psp at X:\PSP\game150
(Where X is the drive of your PSP on your PC)

10-(also optional) After recording a movie, open svc player and see it!

Note : All screenshots will be saved in X:\PSP\PHOTO in BMP format!

Acerthief

noooo!!!!! you won DC, +rep for you.
Just note that you have to enable the plain module UMD/ISO from the advanced configuration into order to take screen shots XD

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
will this work for any version?
Do i have to have homebrew or something?

You have to have custom firmware, yes.

Not sure if this screenshot module specifically works with 3.71 M33 though. If it doesn't I can upload one that does.

Acerthief

You have to have custom firmware, yes.

Not sure if this screenshot module specifically works with 3.71 M33 though. If it doesn't I can upload one that does.

Natch, this doesn't work with 3.71M33. Use Firmware Extender instead :D

d1ddy

I can't record videos , I press L+ Music Note but it just takes a screenshot

Acerthief

I can't record videos , I press L+ Music Note but it just takes a screenshot

Check the cfe files and see what is the combo for the screenshots.
Also go to the recovery, and go to advanced, choose advanced settings (the one above "Toggle flash0") and enable the first one.
Now give it a try.

PZP

Im running 3.52m33-4. I follow your directions, but when I enter recovery and plugins, there is no plugins there. Am I doing something wrong??

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

nekirhs

Check the cfe files and see what is the combo for the screenshots.
Also go to the recovery, and go to advanced, choose advanced settings (the one above "Toggle flash0") and enable the first one.
Now give it a try.

I'm having the same problem, only it isn't actually taking a screenshot.
It's not actually creating anything.

What you posted doesn't seem to be helping either.

I'm using 3.90 m33-3

Acerthief

I'm having the same problem, only it isn't actually taking a screenshot.
It's not actually creating anything.

What you posted doesn't seem to be helping either.

I'm using 3.90 m33-3

Try using "Custom Firmware Extender"

JonC04

I've looked around Google to check for a Homebrew App that records in-game PSP gameplay, and I found the SVCapture thing, and apparently it's supposed to work with Custom Firmware in general... I'm reading here and it doesn't seem like it works for 3.90M33-3, so I assume it won't work for the newer custom firmware like 4.01M33-2. I was about to install it onto my PSP, but I'm not sure it works, so I'll just wait for an update here... Thanks though!