• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How to use PSARDumper/RSPsar Dumper

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
Hello, everyone.

Download:
-Either M33 PSARDumper or RSPDumper (I recommend the second one).

-The firmware that you wish to decrypt, check this thread.

PSARDumper:
1- Put the "newpsardumper" folder in mso:pSP/GAME3XX (it depends on your firmware, Eg: GAME380) (in 4.01 M33 and up it's in GAME4XX).
2- Rename the EBOOT (the firmware) that you downloaded to EBOOT.PBP.
3- Put the EBOOT.PBP in the root of your Memory Stick (don't put it inside of any folders).
4- On your PSP, go to Games>Memory stick and run the PSARDumper.
5- Press [].
6- Connect your PSP to your PC and you will find a new folder called "F0", that's where all the decrypted files are.
You're done :)

RSPSARDumper:
1- Put the "RS" folder on the root of your memory stick (don't put it inside of any folders). And copy the "PSP" folder to your memory stick. (yes, overwrite. Don't worry, you wont loss any data).
2- Rename the EBOOT (the firmware) that you downloaded to EBOOT.PBP.
3- Put the EBOOT.PBP in the root of your Memory Stick (don't put it inside of any folders).
4- On your PSP, go to Games>Memory stick and run the Red Squirrell's PSARDumper.
5- Press [].
6- Connect your PSP to your PC and you will find a new folder called "DUMP", that's where all the decrypted files are.
You're done :)

RSPSARDumper (usbhost method):
1- Put the "RS" folder on the root of your memory stick (don't put it inside of any folders). And copy the "PSP" folder to your memory stick. (yes, overwrite. Don't worry, you wont loss any data).
2- Download USBHost.
3- Unpack it /Extract it.
4- Rename the EBOOT (the firmware) that you downloaded to EBOOT.PBP.
5- Put the EBOOT.PBP in the same folder as USBhost.
6- On you PC, run USBhost.
7- Now, on your PSP go to Games>Memory stick and run the Red Squirrell's PSARDumper..
8- Again, on your PSP, press the R trigger (you may have to wait a bit to connect).
9- Press [].
10- On your PC, inside the USBhost folder, you should see a folder called "DUMP". That's where all the decrypted files are.

Note: You need to install some drivers to use USBhost, they're inside the "driver" folder (in the USBhost package).

All written by me (no, no COPY & PASTE stuff)

If you see something wrong with this tutorial, feel free to PM or to post here.

Thanks.:smile:

psp318player

SMOOTH HACKER
thanks for the information but what does this do

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
thanks for the information but what does this do

Allows you to extract the firmware files from any update. Most likely you won't ever need to use it unless an application requires specific files from another firmware -- like Popsloader.

nart_21086

Dude I tried both of those dumpers on my psp and they keep saying that they cant load the .prx (lib.prx for RSPSARDumper and pspdecrypt.prx for PSARDumper) I ran them on 1.50 kernel and 4.XX kernel my psp is at 4.01 m33-2 and ive tried debugging and downloading almost every EBOOT. I really want to use my ctf themes without flashing. Any suggestions are appreciated.

nart_21086

Dude ive tried both of those dumpers but i cant use them every time it starts it says it cant Load/Start the prx. (lib.prx,pspdecrypt.prx) Ive tried it on kernel 1.50 and 4.XX and ive downloaded a ton of EBOOTS but it still cant do it. all my plugins are off. i am using a fat 1001 sereis psp with 4.01 m33-2 firmware. please help i want to use my ctf themes without bricking my psp.