• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

I got an virus

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
I've got a virus

someone sent me an file over msn that contain something that tried go my system32 file. my window program block it*contains little nude lady on right hand* idk what it is.
but how would I make sure my computer is 100% clean I already del file...
it was the winrar file auto sent on my pc.
Also I got an pic if it helps any

Also the file name was *foto.rar*

also the file tried get on the internet, but McAfee block it.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Dan. said:
Try This.

It worked for me.
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.msnvirusremoval.com.
wtf.... I can connect to that siteT_T
Most sites I use to connect to, I can no longer connect to them now...

Colm

Download (pirate if you have to) and run the following programs, in the order I list them.

That thing he linked to above (alternate link from rapidshare.com)
Spybot S&D
AdAware SE
AVG Anti-Virus
ESET NOD32
Kaspersky

If all above programs fail to find a threat, backup important files and format c:\

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Eran said:
Download (pirate if you have to) and run the following programs, in the order I list them.

That thing he linked to above (alternate link from rapidshare.com)
Spybot S&D
AdAware SE
AVG Anti-Virus
ESET NOD32
Kaspersky

If all above programs fail to find a threat, backup important files and format c:\
Before I even think of "pirate" anything which is wrong. What dose the virus do to my computer?
im getting freeze ups now and then just like one my friends computers.

Adiuvo

It depends on the virus. Just having a folder name isn't really enough to identify it.

Here's a mirror for the thing Dan posted.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Adiuvo said:
It depends on the virus. Just having a folder name isn't really enough to identify it.

Here's a mirror for the thing Dan posted.
Thanks guys, im downloading it right now.
I report back what happens. Also I guess I should change my password to every account just in case....what do you think? Or should I leave all alone, but my msn password? Because I don't own my netflix account its my friends.
Edit- so do I del the folder the virus was in?
What I found weird the virus made it own chat asking how open this picture in spanish... the person I talk to said they didn't send it, or type that.. at the time there on there friends computer this same thing happen to them and there computer crash it seem.
from my understanding the virus was originally in mexico....
edit2- I found this video by searching the keywords "msn foto virus"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vsPo6Jn7-Y it seems be in Spanish so I can't understand it
Edit3- I ran few scans with Mcfree just now, nothing is showing up so im guessing its oka say that everything is clear

eighty4

I'd use Avast and just let it run next time you restart. Worked charms back when i used to run Windows.

Colm

Pokemanz master said:
Before I even think of "pirate" anything which is wrong. What dose the virus do to my computer?
im getting freeze ups now and then just like one my friends computers.
Well, AVG, Spybot and AdAware SE are free, but NOD32 and Kaspersky are two of the best anti-virus programs ever. I'd reccomend buying one of them.

As for what it does, there are many MSN viruses and all of them act differently. Just telling me it's foto.rar means nothing.

EDIT: foto.rar is the name used by Troj/Goldun-A, a password-stealing trojan that spreads by email attachments. If you can get to another computer, change all your passwords. Also, notify anyone on your email contact list about the file.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Eran said:
Well, AVG, Spybot and AdAware SE are free, but NOD32 and Kaspersky are two of the best anti-virus programs ever. I'd reccomend buying one of them.

As for what it does, there are many MSN viruses and all of them act differently. Just telling me it's foto.rar means nothing.

EDIT: foto.rar is the name used by Troj/Goldun-A, a password-stealing trojan that spreads by email attachments. If you can get to another computer, change all your passwords. Also, notify anyone on your email contact list about the file.
I think im fine, I block the file when it tried connect to the internet with Mcfree software. It can't send nothing unless its connected to the internet right?
edit- Im downloading NOD32 as an free 30day trail...
when I ran the msn photo virus remover not sure if anything happen but it did turn off my wifi for moment ask me change my password to it.
edit-nvm seems I gotta request NOD32 free trail...
Im now downloading Kaspersky free trail..

Colm

Zero. said:
I recommend NOD32, it picks up most things and is really light on system resources, which is a rarity in AV suites now.
Kaspersky picks up everything, but it's resource-heavy. I only use it as a last resort. ESET Smart Security (basically NOD32+Internet Security) Business Edition 24541 day free trial ftw.