• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP I got rid of my CFW today

Bulgar Trev

I got rid of my CFW today, simply because its too much hassle to upgrade to a new CFW, and because i dont use any features of a CFW anymore. So i downgraded to 1.5 and installed the newest firmware.

What do you guys think? Stupid move?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
You may regret it, you may not. I buy PSP games that interest me, so if you do the same it may not be a big deal. The main feature I use on a homebrew enabled PSP is emulators.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I see it as much of a hassle as upgrading official firmware (which is very little).
I don't see any advantages OFW has over CFW, but we all have our opinions

Cryox

Bro.
The only time I see it as a hassle is when it is freshly installed on a new PSP (ie you put CFW on your friends PSP) otherwise the hassle is the same as it is on OFW.

Adiuvo

Since you have a 1000, not really. If you ever want it again you can just make a Pandora battery.

Dan

Contributor
You wouldn't get much for it :l

But Bulgar Trev, whatever floats your boat, it's your decision. None of us are going to flame you or kill your family for it.

Adiuvo

I got $50 for one of mine with a custom faceplate. TBH I ripped the guy off. They're not worth that much.

Hellcat

Contributor
My PSPs (1000 and 2000) are on 5.51 OFW for quite some time now.

Those few times I actually use them, I do so to play the few good games I d/l'ed from the PSN store, so big advantage having the latest OFW there.

However, my 1000 is a "dualboot" :D with an armed Pandora battery in it. holding "Down" while turning on lets me boot 4.01-M33 from the MS to test the stuff I compiled or to let the one or other HB run,