• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

If I send my PSP to Sony for repairs, will they update it?

sonicroxs

System of a Down addict
Question in title.
I have version 6.20, but in case between May 4 and June 4 Sony releases an update, will they update my PSP? I still want to use the HBL... :D

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Chances are high they will.

Riorio99

They did with my Phat, but that was ages ago. It went from 3.10 OE-A to 3.40 official way back when.

sonicroxs

System of a Down addict
NYUUUUUU.... oh well. It went for repairs. I hope they fix my PSP quickly before an update gets released :argh::cry::argh::cry:

sonicroxs

System of a Down addict
Well if an update comes out (very improbable) I am going to sell my PSP, and buy a white 3000 that will come with 6.00 or even 5.03 :D :D (I live in Portugal. When 5.50 was out, I bought a black 3000 that came with version 4.20 xD)

Adiuvo

They usually do. It's a common practice for them to do so, and has happened to the majority of people who send it in.

Deathrow

They usually do. It's a common practice for them to do so, and has happened to the majority of people who send it in.

But he's already on version 6.20....chances of Sony making a update higher than 6.20 by the time his repairs are done are slim.

Adiuvo

That wasn't the question the OP asked. He asked if they do make an update within that time period, and if they do, then the answer to 'will they update it?' is yes.

Spiros

Maiki
I'm sure it'll be fine. What's the problem with your psp anyway?

sonicroxs

System of a Down addict
PS button doesn't work (I can just take out the UMD or Memory Stick to show the Home menu, but I need it to change settings for PSX games!) and my analog stick doesn't spin well. Probably something stuck in there.

Xeno Templar

Xeno Templar
huh? knowing me, which i do, id prolly take it apart myself, which would be my 1st mistake, me + taking electronic devices apart = busted-ass electronic device!
i dunno when 6.20 was released nor if its still the most-up-to-date OFW nemore, i lost track of all the OFW when i went to 5.50 GEN but i dont think ull have much to worry about seeing as to how they dont release them that quickly id say maybe every other month, if that even but, yes, if they do release an update while its in the shop, say "good-bye!" to any/all mods/hacks u have and "Hello!" to OFW crap!

skyend

huh? knowing me, which i do, id prolly take it apart myself, which would be my 1st mistake, me + taking electronic devices apart = busted-ass electronic device!
i dunno when 6.20 was released nor if its still the most-up-to-date OFW nemore, i lost track of all the OFW when i went to 5.50 GEN but i dont think ull have much to worry about seeing as to how they dont release them that quickly id say maybe every other month, if that even but, yes, if they do release an update while its in the shop, say "good-bye!" to any/all mods/hacks u have and "Hello!" to OFW crap!

he would still have HBL to play emu's :w00t::w00t::eek:

sonicroxs

System of a Down addict
he would still have HBL to play emu's

Well if Sony made an update that blocked HBL, it wouldn't work obviously.

darrylthebest

Their First step will be updating the psp to the Firmware they release ;)