• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

I'm Thinking I've Got Bad RAM

dennis96411

I've been getting a lot of BSOD with error MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I Google'd around and found that it might be my RAM. I did a test on the two separate RAM sticks with MemTest86+, and found one of them to have full of errors. The other one is clean. Do you think Toshiba will cover me? I got this laptop 5 months ago, so should it have a 1-year warranty? And BTW, I'm running my laptop with only the bad stick of RAM as we speak, weird huh? It's running for an hour and no BSOD yet. Eh, I'm expecting it to pop up any second.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
no harm in contacting them, worst case u buy a new stick, and wasted a few hours on a phone, best case, free ram stick

dennis96411

I guess I can try calling BestBuy or Toshiba for support. But if I buy it, can I get a 1333 Mhz one and pair it up with the 1066 Mhz one I have right now? Or am I forced to buy a 1066 Mhz?

It won't matter, as the faster stick will simply run at the speed of the slower one.

You aren't forced to buy the slower variant, but unless you either OC the existing stick (tricky for RAM) or replace it, you won't see the performance increase.

dennis96411

Just got the new RAM, now I have 6GB and my laptop is back to running fast. W00t!