• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iMac G5

King-Wade

Hey guys im planning on buying an iMac G5 and well i need some help with it...my brother said PC is better because it has alot of more programs for it...and he said it cant run .exe files....and im just wondering what will it run then:S...and i have some other questions for whoever has an imac or a mac of some sort...

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Bleh, Macs are overrated, IMO, and are only for non-power-users :p I suppose that's just my opinion, though. I think it can run some windows applications with some sort of emulation program, but not all of them by far.

Darkchild

The Doctor
if you use parallels you can literally have windows and mac running at the same time, so don't trust them, and if you use Boot Camp, you can either boot MAC os OR Windows XP, MAC can now use MAC os OR windows, so that's not an excuse

King-Wade

i already knew that but thanks anyway....i was wondering if there was a way to run .exe when using only mac....also 1 more questionn...most of the famous products usually come in a mac and windows version correct?? oh yeahh...and if i use boot camp or parallels to boot into windows will all my files on the mac show up on windows...?? or it will it be in a diffirent harddrive and if u have a website with a tutorials to use boot camp or parallels that would be great

King-Wade

hmm i already made my pc like that:p...im looking for a way to use .exe programs and games such as counter-strike on a mac...i like mac software more than windows....is there a way to play counter-strike and for example a bittorent client such as bitlord on a mac? is it possible to use crossover mac to run bitlord on mac?

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
hmm i already made my pc like that:p...im looking for a way to use .exe programs and games such as counter-strike on a mac...i like mac software more than windows....is there a way to play counter-strike and for example a bittorent client such as bitlord on a mac? is it possible to use crossover mac to run bitlord on mac?

Well, dude, I'm SURE there are bittorrent clients on the Mac, man. Ya don't HAVE to use BitLord.:p

J

Junit

Tell you the truth macs are way over priced for crap xD just buy a PC with good specs for the same price and install Jas OsX , Mac OS X for PC