• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Incorrect timestamps on Steam achievements

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Are you sure they're different from this page? https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199117572573/stats/2484110/achievements/

Just took a look at a few of your recent achievements, and the time/date is the same there (accounting for any the timezone differences).

The unlock timestamps shown in the client when browsing your library can be different, they are local to your device and not representative of the timestamps stored on the Steam servers. I don't know why that happens, but it's been a common issue ever since the new client was launched. At any rate, the page above would be the same information we see on our end.

ICounterSlash

Are you sure they're different from this page? https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199117572573/stats/2484110/achievements/

Just took a look at a few of your recent achievements, and the time/date is the same there (accounting for any the timezone differences).

The unlock timestamps shown in the client when browsing your library can be different, they are local to your device and not representative of the timestamps stored on the Steam servers. I don't know why that happens, but it's been a common issue ever since the new client was launched. At any rate, the page above would be the same information we see on our end.
I noticed that too, but I just checked for another game, “Little Nightmares” the achievement timestamp is different from that page.

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I noticed that too, but I just checked for another game, “Little Nightmares” the achievement timestamp is different from that page.
It's certainly possible for the timestamps to differ if achievements are unlocked again as Steam does allow overwriting the timestamps. Under normal circumstances that should not happen, but it could be a bug with the game. That's not something we check for, but you can always delete the game here yourself then run a manual scan to refresh the timestamps.

For Little Nightmares I just did that on your profile, you can see if they match up now.