• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Interesting news about the PSPgo

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I found this while browsing in N4G:

In-game Kurosumediaba

One new PSP software feature touted by Sony is the ability to bring up the XMB whilst in-game. On current PSPs when you press the

DrLame

Ham Eater
I like ham.

Oh, and sounds nifty... but not overly. They should be bringing more to the table... like another joystick. Or touchy screen. Or... anything besides more advanced game suspension...

Adiuvo

I'll definitely use it. Sounds like a fantastic thing to add.

Mature

Cool but...wonder how this will feel in your hands?
I might buy this puppy. I like the new analog control, it's in the middle, easier to reach (I hope), reminds me of Dualshock controller.
Plus it's not as long as my PSP 3000, easier to hold and carry.

I heard the battery is embedded though.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I already decided I was getting the PSPgo due to it's size (i prefer small things I can carry with no problems) so another small feature is always nice.

@Mature: yes, the battery is embedded

Sliderkk

I think the feature would need hardware acceleration, like an additional flash partition for the savestates or something.

Sliderkk

Yeah, but they wouldn't put it on the flashstorage or ms0 because then people would be passing around savestates which could be a possible security threadt and I doubt they would put it in ram because it would lag like hell. And yes the savestates could be big up to 32Mb

xploren

Contributor
Wait, the PSPgo does have USB, right? If so, does it connect the memory stick or the flash storage to the PC? Because I doubt Sony would allow access to the flash storage.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Of course it has USB :p But I think the only access you'll have is to the built-in storage