• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Introduce a rewards system?

Spam

Would you guys be up for implementing a rewards system?

Like the raptr system. Theirs rewarded you a maximum of 30 points a day for logged game time.

I'd suggest that you guys would use achievement/trophies to dish out reward points and perhaps have a varying value system for them.

You could have gimmicky skins and starter packs for FTP games as smaller prizes, top prizes being something like accessories and old cheap games. These were typically 5000-10000 and would take you about a year to build up.

Not only would it give people more reason to check the site regularly and check their progress, it might give you a revenue stream via devs looking to promote their game through your system.

I will add that i do like that the site is really clean and ad free and maybe this would pollute the nice clean environment here but it's just food for thought.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I will put it in consideration :) Agree this would help with keeping folks on the site more.

As far as rewards go... we did some sponsored giveaways with Ubisoft and others way back in the past, but that was when I primarily wrote about games for the site. They like to see coverage so I have plans to start up the review/preview section again at some point. That will make it easier to get things like that going again. Until then though I agree that starting small with F2P items and such could work.