• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iOS [iPhone] Infinity Blade

Spiros

Maiki
So I had been excited about this game ever since the Epic Citadel tech demo was released. I finally found time to download it tonight (exams were taking most of my attention like I'm sure they are for a good portion of you guys), and gave it a try for 15 minutes, I decided I wouldn't play it for too long because I have a long flight to Glasgow on Monday so I want to save it till then.

I was sceptical when I would read that it brings a console experience to the iPhone, but now that I've played it I can see it really does. The controls feel good and responsive, the graphics are obviously amazing, and the XP points system works well and it encourages you to use different pieces of equipment and to level them all up. The game is really well put together and alot of fun!

Anyway, I've only played 15 minutes but so far it has exceeded my expectations.

So, is anyone else playing this, and what do you think of it?

PS - Maybe now it's time to add an iPhone prefix.

Yeah, I've been playing this on an iPad and it's loads of fun.

Controls, graphics and gameplay are superb. The content is well worth the $7.

The major flaw however is the storyline. It has great potential, but it falls very short in this regard.

Spiros

Maiki
Yeah, there isn't really much of a story, but that hasn't really been as big a factor for me as it usually would be. I think I'm just blown away that there is a game I really enjoy on the iPhone that isn't like Angry Birds or Doodlejump, and it's not just a port of a game that was meant to be on a console and makes use of an awkward onscreen dpad.

Again I'm gonna be away from my consoles for a month, so this game came out at the perfect time for me. I'm looking forward to the next update that adds multiplayer.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Yeah, there isn't really much of a story, but that hasn't really been as big a factor for me as it usually would be. I think I'm just blown away that there is a game I really enjoy on the iPhone that isn't like Angry Birds or Doodlejump, and it's not just a port of a game that was meant to be on a console and makes use of an awkward onscreen dpad.

Again I'm gonna be away from my consoles for a month, so this game came out at the perfect time for me. I'm looking forward to the next update that adds multiplayer.

Actually, Infinity Blade was originally intended as a Kinect game... :p

As for the story, I would imagine that the family would stop trying to kill the God King after the 3rd or 4th try...but apparently it's perfectly fine to send young men to almost certain death when their father, their grandfather, their great grandfather, their great great grandfather, etc all died to the same person.

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
The story is my dad died. I must avenge him. Fight multiple things to get to a seriosly OP boss who I die to. I am reborn a year later. Fight same people, on same route to get to the King, die again and repeat ntil you beat him. After you beat him, do it again. NO real plot or story.

The graphics and gameplay are awesome. Good controls too. But far too repetitive after the 3rd bloodline.

atnguyen001

Do Anyone play this game. I played this game to 300lv, i drop because through boring gameplay.
Although game graphic 's very good