• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPod touch home button not working.

WillyVWade

It was fine when I got it, and I noticed one or twice that it wouldn't notice when pressed. But this was very rare and as soon as I pressed it again it worked straight away.

Over the last few days its gone from being a bit unresponsive to completely useless. Anyone else had this?

Also, Will Apple know that I stole the 3.0 update?

Cryox

Bro.
Can you return it, or has it been too long? Your return reason would be defective Home button.

About the 3.0 update: How would they know? Chances are the only way they could find out is by checking your purchase history and then your itouch's fw version, even then, they don't have enough proof to do anything. For all they know, you bought it off a friend and the update was already on there.

WillyVWade

Well I'd have thought that buying it second hand would mean I have no warranty. I'll just revert to 2.2.1

On the website it appears to be a pick up and return by Currier affair. Will I be able to send it back in the original box?

Cryox

Bro.
Well I'd have thought that buying it second hand would mean I have no warranty. I'll just revert to 2.2.1

On the website it appears to be a pick up and return by Currier affair. Will I be able to send it back in the original box?

Buying what second hand?

Cryox

Bro.
The iPod.

Also, I can't downgrade since I can't get into DFU. I'll just have to pray.

Well, the warranty usually says that it is good for the original purchaser, but you might still have a chance.

Also, did the original owner get it from a store or online?
If from online, idk what to tell you, but if it was from a store, get the receipt and try to return it or do an "even exchange"

WillyVWade

I brought it from a store, The woman there said that she had to make sure I knew that they could only take it back if it was faulty when I first opened it, Other wise take it up with Apple.

Cryox

Bro.
I brought it from a store, The woman there said that she had to make sure I knew that they could only take it back if it was faulty when I first opened it, Other wise take it up with Apple.

Send it to Apple. They shouldn't be able to tell that you stole the 3.0 update.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
If you jailbreak it and download SSB setting theres an add on that mimicks the home button

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Right...forgot about that (sorry, it's been a while since I performed a jailbreak)

Well in your first post it says it's unresponsive...is it all the time or is it just stubborn?
If it's stubborn, you could give it a shot.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Now there's a way to solve your problem. The Blackra1n jailbreak no longer requires you to press the home button to jailbreak, it does the whole thing by itself!

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
For all we know, he probably got it repaired or replaced by now. I know I would have.