• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

IRshell

neen

I have a 32 MB MS....don't have enough room to DG from 3.03 to 1.50 with just this card, so I need IRshell.

Does anyone know if IRshell is compatible with 3.03 hen-c?

knicky91

Updater/Moderator
IRshell needs a card bigger than 32MB.

Also, IRShell will not help you downgrade.

My advice, buy a bigger card

JKing

Banned
I have a 32 MB MS....don't have enough room to DG from 3.03 to 1.50 with just this card, so I need IRshell.

Does anyone know if IRshell is compatible with 3.03 hen-c?

New card. ebay is the best bet.

XsavioR

if your close to one ,, best buy and staples have cards from 16 $ (256 meg) or 30 for 1 gig .

with all the confusion with ebay cards why risk it. some land up fake etc

neen

Actually, I got it!

IRshell doesn't need much space, you can just take out the skins and stuff for the version you won't be using...

Now my problem is getting nethost working T_T

And yeah, I realized later that IRshell is to upgrade to custom firmware...lol...actually I'm on 3.10 OE-A now ^^

XsavioR

i put in about 2 weeks of working on nethost. i still havent gotten it going. You may be able to use usbhost. But i dont advise it really. if it doesnt work , you spent 200 to find out. a memory card is 16.

Get yer self a memory card and save your self 200 $ for a new psp.

neen

Why do I need a new psp? I'm confused now....and how have I wasted any money here? >_>

I think nethost isn't working 'cause my network is using WPA encryption, and it only supports WEP with the 1.5 eboot...

2.17 homebrew doesn't run on 3.10 OE-A by any chance, does it?

neen

Sorry for the double post, but the 271 IRshell works on 3.10 OE-A...Should allow WPA networks now. I'm gonna check. :3

neen

Okay guys, it works now! :) You need to use the 2.17 version of IRSHell to do it, but it works 100%. The problem is, the 1.5 version doesn't support WEP. Just drop the 271 version into the "game" folder :)

XsavioR

Running downgrades from your pc... Something just spells mishap .

My point is this: your psp cost 200$. eventually your going to want a memory card any ways. just trus me , its not a playstation portable for nothing. memory cards are 16 $ .
downgrades and upgrades,,, when they foul up ruin your psp,, creating what we call bricks.

Running updates *usually* includes creating your update. which is a simple proccess. But using irshell could bring up issues the devs didnt encounter during testing. That usually means a brick for the first person to do it. The devs must assume every one has a decent memory card... considering the price differance.... its understandable.

Im basically saying if you want extra insurance on having a functioning psp after your done... I suggest buying a 16 dollar policy...

Im no expert coder dont get me wrong... but i know enough to raise an eyebrow at the idea. The update makers need to write to a position. Unless the coders thought of doing this , and implimented it ( i suspect thewy woulda mentioned it in a readme if so) the out come could be a shiny black brick.

edit irshell if im not mistaken -- only wep.
did you get irshell nethost working ? if so you got a ta-082 ?

16 bucks man ,,,,, 16 bucks

neen

Actually, it's suggested to use IRshell and usbhost to create the dxar file for people who don't have a bigger MS

I dont have a ta-82...I have one of the original 1.0 psps hehe...

Nethost is definitely working, but I can't browse any directories.

XsavioR

Eh then its cool, I musta glanced over it. Usually you dont want to do stuff with updates that arnt specifically mentioned. if they documented how to do it then u should be ok.
thats the same i got out of nethost. it connected , but i couldnt view pc, or load any thing. mebe try usb host i got that working np..