• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Is there a psp savegame region changer?

Mr.B

so i just got monsterhunter freedom unite last thursday i believe... and i used found the iso one a site... my friend wanted to play the game so i let hime borrow it but i accidentally downloaded the...the...teh... european version!!!! and ive been playing nonstop since i let him borrow it thursday i had wondered why it wouldnt load my save game from the umd and i just found out a few seconds ago why... so... i was wondering if there is some sort of savegame region changer????

aldwin

so i just got monsterhunter freedom unite last thursday i believe... and i used found the iso one a site... my friend wanted to play the game so i let hime borrow it but i accidentally downloaded the...the...teh... european version!!!! and ive been playing nonstop since i let him borrow it thursday i had wondered why it wouldnt load my save game from the umd and i just found out a few seconds ago why... so... i was wondering if there is some sort of savegame region changer????

Upload your savegame i'll convert it for you!

aldwin

Why don't you just tell him the process? I don't think we can trust someone who only has 5 posts here. Don't upload it, Mr. B.

Ok you don't have to be so harsh!
That's why i'm not posting here often because of people like you who think they knew everything!

xploren

Contributor
Ok you don't have to be so harsh!
That's why i'm not posting here often because of people like you who think they knew everything!

What? I'm just saying, there are malicious people out there, and there's a chance you might be one of them. I think it's easier just to tell him the process anyway. :neutral:

aldwin

What? I'm just saying, there are malicious people out there, and there's a chance you might be one of them. I think it's easier just to tell him the process anyway. :neutral:

If you thought that it's easy then do it for him. I've converted 2nd g to unite US gamesaves and i thought europe to us might be easy. I was just trying to help!

xploren

Contributor
If you thought that it's easy then do it for him. I've converted 2nd g to unite US gamesaves and i thought europe to us might be easy. I was just trying to help!

Are you even reading my posts? Just simply post the process here so others can do it as well, without them needing to send you their gamesaves for you to convert. I never mentioned saying it would be an easy process, nor that you couldn't help.

Mr.B

Add your savegame to your reply as attachment!

i can only upload the parafram.sfo the bin file isnt supported

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM EST ----------

well i mean is it a risk to send as an attachment??

GodsSins

its good your trying to help 1up to you but teaching someone the process helps more because other people who have this problem can do it to without having to find someone who can convert it for them. and i would also like to know how just in case i need to do this one day. so if you can or have time post a tut it would be greatly appreciated. :tup:

Mr.B

......hmmmm

its suprising how much a simple concept can blow out of porportions.. i mean aldwin, i understand how u wanted to help me out and i appreciate it and xploren ure posts do make sense and it would make it accessible to everyone and godsins i see your point thank u all for helping.. but i was just wondering.. is there a savegame region changer?? plz simple answer and if so how and where to download???

aldwin

Before anything else make a back up of your gamesave on your psp in case
you screw up.

You need SGDeemer installed on your PSP

Once you've installed and activated it,

Start Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (the region you would like to convert)
Once in the game, save it as soon as you can and exit the game. (It will look like it's lagging, it's ok SGDeemer is making a saveplain file)

Then, start the game region you want to convert to, save as soon as you can and exit the game.

Connect your PSP to your PC,

Look for ms0:/PSP/SAVEPLAIN folder, there you will find 2 folders
ULES0121300 (for Europe)
ULUS1039100 (for US)

Open the region you would like to convert, look for SDDATA.bin, and SDINFO.bin, copy it to the folder region you want to convert to, overwriting the existing files.

Once done, Start the game you convert to, it will load the data from the region you've used, your character will be loaded. Save the game again.

You can now delete the saveplain folder and deactivate the SGDeemer plugin on your PSP to make it load from the game you save in the SAVEDATA.

Viper67857

assuming the data files are compatable, simply changing the directory name of the savegame should thoeretically suffice...ie. mhfu eur is ULES01213, if you change that to ULUS10391 (the US id), then it will at least show up...whether it will actually load or not is the question

aldwin

assuming the data files are compatable, simply changing the directory name of the savegame should thoeretically suffice...ie. mhfu eur is ULES01213, if you change that to ULUS10391 (the US id), then it will at least show up...whether it will actually load or not is the question

Tried it and it will tell you the data is corrupt.

Sliderkk

I don't think its possible.

Hellcat

Contributor
Well, if the content of the save is compatible (in most cases it is) the way aldwin described above might work - it did quite often already, just depends on the different regioned gamnes not having a different gamesave layout....

aldwin

Well, if the content of the save is compatible (in most cases it is) the way aldwin described above might work - it did quite often already, just depends on the different regioned gamnes not having a different gamesave layout....

By the way, thanks Hellcat. I forgot to mention it's your SGDeemer! It's Great, Thanks again for this great plugin.

Arvis

I'm going to try SGDeemer, but as I read if I rename ULUS to ULES my savegame should appear in save list, but the problem is UMD savegame already begins with ULES, but not appearing in EUR .iso. :x UMD is bought in Germany so it should be EUR region also.