• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Is this holiday season the best one for gaming ever?

Seth

MD Party Room
Umm we kinda feel this every year. We have so many good games to pick from and we always have no money to buy them..

I think we also been run over by FPS..and where are all the platformers there only one LBP and you forgot to list it.

Last year I think we had
Halo 3,
Super Mario Galaxy
Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed
The Orange Box
Call of Duty 4
and I think BioShock...

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I didn't list LBP on my list because it was "my" list. I'm not a fan of LBP and really have no interest is spending time with it, but that's not the point of this thread, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I can see why a lot of people like it and I expect it to be something that a lot of members here are spending time playing currently.

Bran

Yell
I only have LBP and Fallout 3. I just bought a used copy of Rock Band and a Rock Band guitar for like 30 dollars though and I've been playing that.

I only have fallout and rock band cause I've been selling my old games too. I'm so tired of being broke!

Colm

L4D + Fallout will eat up so much of my game time I've decided to wait until January for Mirror's Edge PC rather than buying the console version (and Bioshock, even though that's already out for PC). I'm probably going to get some cash later and buy L4D ASAP.
..oh, and I might get Half-Life later today.
I also am waiting on PC releases of Fable II (Lost Chapters anyone?), Gears of War II and Halo 3.

Last year we did have TOB though. Five games at low, low prices = win.

Joey

Last year was better in my eyes... It had 3 of my favorite games ever (The Orange Box, Mass Effect, and COD4)... This year, out side of GOW2, nothing has been all that great...

Braid was amazing, but it came out months ago, so I assume that doesn't count.

Vee

Partially. I just wish the games were spread out more. Its annoying having to wait for some games, then getting 10 brilliant ones all at once.

Slasher

Suck It
This year is definitely the biggest gaming crunch that I have ever experienced and enjoyed at the same time. I've never really had incentive enough to want to actually go out and buy a handful of games at the same time, but this year I'm certainly seeing that. There's a ton of incredible games coming out lately

I was starting to get bored of my PS3 up until recently. And it's only going to get better here on in - I haven't even picked up all of the games that I'm eyeing

eighty4

I kinda like this year over last year. I mean I played CoD4 ever since last Christmas, but all those other games I played till about March and never touched again. But this year it as so many good games that are coming out and these games seem to have great gameplay online and great story modes to follow up.

ReneX

for gaming it could be... my best christmas eva was when i get my n64 with zelda 64 and...... superman 64......

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
meh, I got few things on my list.
including I know someone is getting me fable2, and left 4 dead.
Not many games I see I want this holiday, I was hoping get some psp games but I got most of the good ones.
my 360 collection is near complete as terms of type games I want,and I would get an ps3 if it had more games that I like.
edit-So for me this gameing this year was fail to really get something I wanted. Unlike halo3,Cod4, assassins creed the 3 games I got last year.
Im still liking halo over gears.
Edit2-@Hiratai superman 64 was an good game at the time, even I had it.

Colm

...superman 64? Seriously, there were a lot of brilliant games for the 64, and you called Superman "a good game for its time?"
Metal Gear Solid also released the year BEFORE superman, meaning that in order to be "a good game for its time" it has to be somewhat better than MGS, right?

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Eran said:
...superman 64? Seriously, there were a lot of brilliant games for the 64, and you called Superman "a good game for its time?"
Metal Gear Solid also released the year BEFORE superman, meaning that in order to be "a good game for its time" it has to be somewhat better than MGS, right?
Yea, I really enjoy superman 64...I really didn't like the MGS style of gameplay back then as I do now.
I wanted something easy pick up on.

twelve

I'm not dead
I don't think this holiday season is good at all. Yes there are lots of good games out but there is zero chance that I'll be able to play them all.

Most of these games would have benefited from being spaced out across the year. Being released around the same time mean less sales for most of the games as most people won't be able to afford to buy every game they want.

This is especially important to new IPs like Mirrors Edge and Little Big Planet, which when they're going up against games like Gears of War 2 and Fable 2 don't stand a chance. If these games were released a few months ago or a few months later they stand a much better chance of not competing with the big name games.

I feel for gamers we would benefit from having less of a packed fall release and more games released in the typically dead summer period.

eldiablov

Contributor
Pokemanz master said:
Yea, I really enjoy superman 64...I really didn't like the MGS style of gameplay back then as I do now.
I wanted something easy pick up on.

Superman 64 was an absolute disgrace. The controls were awful and repetitive much?