• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iTunes... -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilyace

I'm so fucking tired of itunes on windows. Basically here's whats going on: I try to add a song to my library (through file < add file to library), and the song isnt added to the library. iTunes had done this once before on my previous windows installation (ive reformatted since then). Sometimes itunes just doesnt play songs, idk wtf is up. The song is an mp3, and there's nothing wrong with it.

_Syn

Your post is nothing really but an ill-informed rant about iTunes. Give us something to work with.

External Drive?
XP or Vista?
etc ..

ilyace

Internal drive(the music is not coming from the same drive that itunes is installed on if thats what you're asking), Vista, and latest version of iTunes.

Believe me I would use another media player but I'd like to have this music on my iphone.

afiser

you have your preferences set up to read music from your other drive and copy it to that drive whenever you add a song? also do you have itunes set up to organize your itunes music folder?

_Syn

Man, I hate iTunes too. Why can't Winamp have an addon where we can sync our iPhones / Touches through that?

Sullivan

Sometimes my itunes will add some music, but since iTunes doesn't read the ID tags on some songs correctly, it doesn't sort them correctly, what happens if you right click on the song and play it in itunes?

_Syn

Sometimes my itunes will add some music, but since iTunes doesn't read the ID tags on some songs correctly, it doesn't sort them correctly, what happens if you right click on the song and play it in itunes?

On the ID tag problem. Look into a song that doesn't sort properly. Look into it's settings. Most likely, it's set wrong. I forgot what it says but I think it'll say "Sort Title" or something like that.

Sullivan

No, what I am saying is itunes sometimes reads them wrong, I know how to fix it, I am just saying, that itunes may be actually adding the song, it may just not have a name in itunes, or such on another thing...

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Man, I hate iTunes too. Why can't Winamp have an addon where we can sync our iPhones / Touches through that?
I hate the whole syncing thing in general. I would much rather add songs manually like every other mp3 player out there

Sullivan

Hmm, and the song is encoded in MP3? Do other programs play the song?

Make sure that its not some oddly converted MP3.

ilyace

WMP plays it, VLC plays it, etc...It's not just this song, itunes has done it with a bunch of songs as well.

Sullivan

Theres definitely something with the song then, itunes only accepts some song encoding.

What version of itunes is it?

Freshmilk

is Over 9000

twelve

I'm not dead
Are you absolutely certain that you haven't already imported the song/s?

I know sometimes it wont import a song because it's already in the library.

You could try editing the track in Audacity (or similar), just add a second of silence to the beginning or end then try importing it. This will give it a new MD5 hash so itunes wont recognise it as a song already in the library.

ilyace

I just decided to download another version of the song, and it worked fine. Itunes has done this to a bunch of my music, so I'll make sure to consult this thread if this ever happens again.

oh2d

I feel iTunes for windows is one of the most poorly programed applications, there are so many more light weight media players out there such as winamp and foobar 2000. I have a friend who syncs his iPod with winamp and it works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.