• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Jailbreakme.com

Have you guys hear about this site? seems too easy to jailbreak. :w00t:

Spiros

Maiki
Just read about it on QJ, but according to the comments the news is old, which is to be expected with that site.

I just hope now, when I get my iPhone 4 in a couple weeks, it comes with iOS 4.0/4.0.1.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Yea, it came out Sunday with the catch phrase "Sunday is Funday". Its definitely super easy to use, almost impossible to screw it up. I just got my iPhone 4 on Friday (Canadian Launch) so it was a very nice surprise that this came out so soon.

I have most of the hacks I used on my 3G like lockinfo, 5 icon dock, activator, sbsettings, 3G unrestrictor, google voice, instalous, ect.

Other things like WeatherIcon, Cydgets, and Cyntacts I couldn't get working.

eldiablov

Contributor
Thanks for making this thread Larry, have some rep.

However, I can't actually slide the slider. It just doesn't move at all, the text is also not animated which leads me to believe the browser is the problem.

Anyone got any advice?

EDIT: Had javascript disabled >.<

Jailbreaking now, will let you know the outcome.

EDIT: All done, fuck yeah.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I can't see any reason for myself to jailbreak...nothing I can think of that I'd use. :\

madsoul

uhmm... so this would work on my 3gs with 4.0 on it...? i dont see any info on what devices this will work on anywhere. :S

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

teh fuck... that was scary easy!! man... holysheeit

MenaceInc

Staff Member
uhmm... so this would work on my 3gs with 4.0 on it...? i dont see any info on what devices this will work on anywhere. :S

should do, as far as I know....

JailbreakMe 2.0 August 1, 2010[37] iPhone,iPod Touch, & iPad iPhone (All),iPod Touch (All), & iPad (All) 3.1.2 - 4.0.1[38] Comex

EDIT: Yeah, the way it was so easy makes security experts REAAAAAL worried. Hell, I'm tempted to JB just to get the fix for the JB method xD

MenaceInc

Staff Member
wont this show how easy it would be for malware and other shit to get into the iphone just by visiting a site? like, damn.

Yep, exactly why people are worried and why I'm tempted to JB my iPhone even though I wouldn't use it for anything else really.

B

Bizarre

If you use this site, you have a chance of leaving your device open for malicious code.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
If you use this site, you have a chance of leaving your device open for malicious code.

...umm, I don't think you get it.

ANY site could use this code for malicious purposes. That's why there's security concerns. Using Jailbreakme.com will not open your device to malicious code. Infact, you can download a patch that will stop sites from using this exploit for malware.

B

Bizarre

yes... you said that the site doesn't leave your device open

MenaceInc

Staff Member
yes... you said that the site doesn't leave your device open

The code that the jailbreak site can be used by other sites to setup malicious software on your iPhone/iPod touch. By using the jailbreak, you are able to install a patch that helps protect you from the same code.

There are concerns from security experts that the code that is used for installing the jailbreak will be used for installing malware onto devices without the owners knowledge.

You said this...
nick48 said:

You implied that if you used jailbreakme.com, that you would be open to malware afterwards.

The fact is that users can be MORE protected after they jailbreak.
Any iPhone or iPod touch is open to malicious code BEFORE they jailbreak.
It is not CAUSED by the jailbreak.