• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier

-chw42-

Like a Boss
jakanddaxterpsp1010409580.jpg

Does that look too good for a PSP game?

Sony picked a really bad time to make a serious announcement (if it's actually serious).

They announced yesterday, on April Fools, that they were going to bring the Jak and Daxter franchise back to the PS2 and onto the PSP for the first time. The result is Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier, which is said to be due this fall.

After reading the Joystiq and IGN articles repeatedly saying "it's not a prank", I'm getting a bit suspicious. There are screens out and IGN already has a hands on. Call me paranoid, but this looks too good to be true.

IGN Hands On
Joystiq article

eldiablov

Contributor
You're paranoid. That screenshot does not look too good for a PSP game. The textures arent exactly high res.

I would look forward to playing Jak and Daxter though, I never got the opportunity to do so on the PS2.

Cryox

Bro.
the main problem that game might face is the camera angles. it will be harder to keep it where you want it, and it might get stuck like in other games.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
From the hands-on, you use L and R to rotate the camera. So it might be decent. It'll handle like Ratchet and Clank and Daxter I'm assuming.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
I'm really pissed. I was seriously hoping for a PS3 Jak and Daxter when this title's name was filed and this is actually kind of a let down :( Can Naughty Dog really only make one game every couple years?

Adiuvo

I do have to wonder what Naughty Dog really does with all the development time. Insomniac can churn out great games on a yearly basis. I don't really see why ND can't really do the same.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
This game seems like a downgrade from Daxter, and Jack and Daxter 1 for ps2.

Cryox

Bro.
I don't think it makes it look too good for the psp. Hopefully it will be a decent game without the cheap short missions and cheesy storylines.