• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Killerbry7 - Steam

killerbry7

Hello, my account has been marked as not ranked and I would like to request my account be allowed back on the leaderboards. I believe I know why my account may have been flagged for suspicious activity. The past few weeks I have been going through many random games in my library and I came across these Dinosaur Hunter games that I must have purchased in some bundle many years ago. These games have many achievements (over 1000) and each achievement is, for some reason, unlocked whenever an object is hit with a gun within the game. Meaning that I was able to unlock thousands of achievements, all in-game, very quickly. Here is a list of the games I am referring to:
Dinosaur Forest - 1317 Achievements
Dinosaur Hunt - 1079 Achievements
Dinosaur Hunt First Blood - 2008 Achievements
Machine Hunt - 1090 Achievements

As I've described all of these Achievements were unlocked within the game as intended. Regardless if we need to remove these games from my account that is fine with me, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. If there are other issues associated with my account I am unaware.

Best,
Bryan

Last edited:

Retodon8

Unlocking multiple achievements in quick succession isn't necessarily an issue for the Exophase leaderboard, I don't think. If I game introduces achievements after you've played all the way through already, it could happen you unlock all the achievements instantly next time you play for instance.

I looked up Dinosaur Forest on Steam, and it doesn't seem like you unlocked all the achievements as intended though. First of all, I doubt the developer would intend for that to happen. There are achievement spamming games, but this is not one of them. Not everybody on Exophase has 100% unlocked either. I see people wrote Steam guides on getting all the achievements, and in the forum people are asking for instructions for specific achievements. Checking out Dinosaur Hunt now as well, and it's the same thing. Neither game has been updated for quite a while, making it less likely things broke recently, but who knows. I guess you could try re-locking the achievements, play the games again, and see if it works properly.

killerbry7

Unlocking multiple achievements in quick succession isn't necessarily an issue for the Exophase leaderboard, I don't think. If I game introduces achievements after you've played all the way through already, it could happen you unlock all the achievements instantly next time you play for instance.

I looked up Dinosaur Forest on Steam, and it doesn't seem like you unlocked all the achievements as intended though. First of all, I doubt the developer would intend for that to happen. There are achievement spamming games, but this is not one of them. Not everybody on Exophase has 100% unlocked either. I see people wrote Steam guides on getting all the achievements, and in the forum people are asking for instructions for specific achievements. Checking out Dinosaur Hunt now as well, and it's the same thing. Neither game has been updated for quite a while, making it less likely things broke recently, but who knows. I guess you could try re-locking the achievements, play the games again, and see if it works properly.
When looking at Dinosaur Forest on Steam I have found a few people talking about the same things as me. For example, this post, explains that most achievements (all but a few) unlock upon killing/head shooting enemies. Additionally, when looking into Dinosaur Hunt, I have found people explaining the same thing that I am here. See this review. My concern was that because of this feature having me unlock most of these achievements in rapid succession may have flagged the system as suspicious. But maybe this is not why my account was taken off the leaderboard, this was just my best guess.

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Your account was flagged for Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection. Unless our information is incorrect, the Marshal Commander achievement seems to have been obtainable only since April 24. Prior to that, there are many posts on the Steam forums referencing that this achievement is broken, for example:

So did you use something like SAM to unlock it?

killerbry7

Your account was flagged for Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection. Unless our information is incorrect, the Marshal Commander achievement seems to have been obtainable only since April 24. Prior to that, there are many posts on the Steam forums referencing that this achievement is broken, for example:

So did you use something like SAM to unlock it?
Yep, you're totally right, sorry I completely forgot about that. I got all other achievements but the "get all achievements" achievement was bugged so I followed a guide to unlock it manually so that it would appear as 100% on my Steam profile. Well, I understand the unranked status now.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yep, you're totally right, sorry I completely forgot about that. I got all other achievements but the "get all achievements" achievement was bugged so I followed a guide to unlock it manually so that it would appear as 100% on my Steam profile. Well, I understand the unranked status now.
Since the achievement seems to be fixed now, can you re-lock it following this guide here https://achievementhunting.com/guides/relock

Then play the game normally to unlock it again. Once you've done that, I can remove the flag on your account.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks. Ranking will show up again in 24 hours.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I thought I had removed the ban, sorry. Just did it now. Should be all set, but let me know if it shows up again.

Last edited: