• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Laptop overheating! :(

angelsniper45

So even if im just playing a movie, or browsing the web (firefox), my laptop will burn like hell. I have a gateway m-series model, I dont know if its a faulty fan, or possibly what apps im running. I normally keep my pc clean of bloatware/etc so I cant really figure out what it is. Any ideas?

Darkchild

The Doctor
get speedfan and tell me the data you get, also, consider buying some cooling solutions for your computer, like a cooling base for it.

january39

eXo Staff
my old laptop used to get super hot, i ended up propping it up a bit to allow the hot air to exit the PC, nto exactly scientific but it worked.

Buying a cooling laptop stand will help loads.

angelsniper45

thanks guys! and dc, will do when i get home. that sounds awsome, and what data are you looking for?

janurary, id be doing that to...but even still it burns :(

Darkchild

The Doctor
data : FAN RPM, Temp averages, highest temp, lowest temp, temps while gaming, while pc idling, after turning on, that sort of thing :)

dennis96411

Sorry to bump this thread, but Gateway sucks! My friend had 2 of them, both broken down within a month. First the USB ports fried, then the screen backlight stopped working. Nice one Gateway =_=

angelsniper45

Really? Mines actually lasted about a year, and its still a brand new one. I hadto replace a hard drive but thats it. It hasnt bugged for anything. And dc, that speedfan actually really helped. I adjusted the temps of the fans and I havent had a problem since. Sorry it took so long to reply. Ive been on vacation :D