• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Lego Rockband Unveiled

Maattt

Publisher Warner Bros. Interactive has confirmed they will release a version of the highly-popular music game Rock Band that incorporates the LEGO universe.

The game, LEGO Rock Band, is being created by TT Games (LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Batman) in partnership with Rock Band developers Harmonix, says a statement from Warner Bros.

legorb-sdr2b.jpg

The publisher has also revealed five of the songs that will be available on LEGO Rock Band when it releases in holiday 2009:

Blur - Song 2
Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
Europe - The Final Countdown
Good Charlotte - Boys and Girls
Pink - So What

No additional details were given on pricing, the number of songs, or whether new peripherals will be introduced. According to the statement, players can "customize their minifigure avatars, band and entourage, including roadies, managers and crew." The games will appear on the Nintendo DS, Wii, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

So what do you think? Great Combination of Games.. or is the Lego Games Franchise being stretched too far..? :sleep:

Dan

Contributor
hah. This made me laugh. And i thought Guitar Hero: Aerosmith & Metallica went a bit too far.. I'd love to see what the guitar controller would look like.

But yeah, like Aerosmith & Metallica, i think they are being stretched too far.

Zx30

Beto
One question...

Why?

I'm sick of all these Lego remakes. The only one I've played is Lego Indiana Jones(because it was free) and it was horrible.
The fighting, the platforming, everything.

EDIT: Well nevermind the answer to my question is fairly obvious. Money.

Riorio99

With the looks of it, the song choices, and the DS release, its aimed at small children.

James.

User Not Found
You guys are mad.

Who DOESN'T want to sing "The Final Countdown"? :p

But seriously, "Song 2"? Woo hoo!
Deffo buy, just for Song 2 (Unless they release it as DLC)

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
does this mean that Harmonix is going to milk Rock Band dry like Neversoft is with Guitar Hero?

I hope not...

Cryox

Bro.
Another LEGO game? gotta get it [/sarcasm]

These games are seriously getting old, but maybe that is because i'm past the LEGO age...

I do agree that they are pushing it a bit far though. Betcha the notes that come at your are bricks. I can almost guarantee that ;)

Adiuvo

There's been enough lego games to last me a long time. Lego rehashes of every popular movie, and now game, are stupid, to put it simply.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
Seems a bit more kid friendly, I know a lot of parents who hated the look of Rock Band and Guitar Hero.

january39

eXo Staff
Flogging a dead horse springs to mind.

What's next a lego version of silent hill? Damn i just gave them an idea! lol

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
There's been enough lego games to last me a long time. Lego rehashes of every popular movie, and now game, are stupid, to put it simply.
Oh come on, you make it sound like there have been 10+ LEGO games.

There have been 3 LEGO games (4 if you count the Star Wars separately) made by Traveller's Tales. They each are very similar yet play and feel a bit differently. The difficultly level is easy, but its meant to be easy since its for kids.

And this won't even be anywhere near the TT's regular gameplay, so you can't compare it to the other titles. It's just a shell, with the same gameplay as Rockband. They put it in LEGO form so parents feel comfortable with letting their kids play this.

Some good parents actually use ESRB, so this game (assuming they are going for the E rating) will allow a much larger audience than the current T rating.

Colm

What's next a lego version of silent hill? Damn i just gave them an idea! lol

I'll give them these ones for free.

Resident Lego (Resident Evil with Lego. :D)
Lego Rising (DEAD RISING WITH LEGO? Damn, I'm going to need to hit the mod tools if Dead Rising 2 ships with some)
World of LegoCraft (oh wait, Lego Universe. Forgot about that.)
Lego 4 Dead
Resistance: Fall of Lego
LittleBigPlanet: Lego Edition
Lego Burnout
Lego Hitman: Silent Assassin
Lego Manhunt
Lego Crysis (for the graphics :p)

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
does this mean that Harmonix is going to milk Rock Band dry like Neversoft is with Guitar Hero?

I hope not...

No HMX is not milking.

Lego RockBand will be in a different style than RB2. Read the description has it says you can create your own equipment and create your own Roadies (which in RB2 you can't). On Microsoft's page I think.

Aerosmith is GH3 with a Aerosmith skin and Metallica is GH:WT with a Metallica skin.

There is a difference between making a spin off and milking.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM EST ----------

All in all it's just another brick in the wall.

Lol nice. This joke is used a lot on the RB forums.