• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 lighting strike my xbox

So anyways after almost getting hit by a lighting strike. I lost almost everything and I thought my xbox will be safe until I notice the power brick gives me the red light. My xbox wasn't on but my lighting fry my cordless phones, my dad's g/f computer,my 19inch monitor, WRT160N, yeah I can go on but right now I upset...Thank god for my spare power supply cord for my internet and WRT54G (Frozed up after strike) DD-WRT still going strong.

But yeah what I got to do to exchange this at wal-mart. Its still under warrently and extend wal-mart service plan. the USB door broken would you think they mind? Can they transfer data to a new 60GB HDD? mines still 20GB

Bill

There are certain acceptable shock levels that are acceptable under warranty. Afaik, a lightning bolt certainly doesn't make the cut.

There are certain acceptable shock levels that are acceptable under warranty. Afaik, a lightning bolt certainly doesn't make the cut.

I just going to say "yeah my xbox just wont power up I think my power supply went out on me."

It does not smell like it got crispy. I just wondering if they will let me keep the hard drive or can they transfer my 360 saves on a newer hard drive?

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM EST ----------

Yes, please.

I think about it. I wanna check if it will pass exchanging from wal-mart another week.

Bill

Even if they do know it's been shocked, just argue with them and deny it all. Eventually they will give in.

alrighty than.

Also got 3 wal-marts to try. Parkersburg got 2. Spencer got 1 so does not matter what place you brought them from. they'll take it back. I hope!

Cant believe my WRT54G survive it and not the 160N

Damn you mother nature. why you have to be a bitch today??

Bill