• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[LIST] Essential Android Games/Apps

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Since the Android Market is the mess than everyone oh-so-knows and inspired by the thread on apps/games, I decided to make a thread listing the best of them. I'll try to keep this as neat and organized as possible.

I have not included the emulators by yongzh because they have been removed from the market it seems.

If you want me to rate and give the games/apps a small description, just say so.

Seth

MD Party Room

Hellcat

Contributor
Just got my very first Droiddevice :)
So I'll check those out, some of them I already found.

And when I tinkered a bit with more apps I found, I'll post my suggestions too :)

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Which phone did you end up picking up?
He's got a Galaxy S

Will edit and add links to the market, and add a few suggestions. (as soon as I have lunch and a bath xD)

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
Launcher Replacements:

ADW EX (paid, but worth every cent)

-----------------------------------

I would not recommend LauncherPro at all, at least not until its done being rewritten. Its a complete piece of junk now.

Hellcat

Contributor
A few questions about the Launcher replacements:

- need root?
- do they kill/corrupt/delete the settings (=positions of icons and widgets) of the stock launcher?
- can I easiely switch back to stock launcher if I wish to?

Seth

MD Party Room
A few questions about the Launcher replacements:

- need root?
- do they kill/corrupt/delete the settings (=positions of icons and widgets) of the stock launcher?
- can I easiely switch back to stock launcher if I wish to?
No root needed
Nope
Yes when you press your home key it let you pick your launcher

Seth

MD Party Room
great choice, it's the best android phone out there at the moment imo, only really the htc sensation and evo 3d come close
From what I understand the Cortex A9(SG2) is way better than the Qualcomm MSM8660 (Evo 3d ) He has the Top speced phone out right now.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
OP Update. Added suggestion and linked every single app listed to the market.

Wireless Tether should definitely be on there IMO. One of the most useful apps.