• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Lockdown Pack 1

LocutusEstBorg

The various Lockdown applications were getting out of hand so from this update I've consolidated them into a single Pack.

Lockdown updated to v4.0
Lockdown XMB Style updated to v4.0
Changelog said:
Enhanced security. Plugins cannot be used to bypass the password.
If you enter Password Change Mode, you can press Select again to exit without entering a new password.
Lockdown In-Game unchanged at v2.0

Download Lockdown Pack 1: http://ifile.it/tihb5px (To download click on "Request Ticket". It will change to "Download File".)
Tested on 5.00M33-6

Lockdown allows you to password protect your PSP from prying eyes.
You can also protect the Recovery Menu so that the protection can't be bypassed at all.

lockdown2.jpg
lockdown3.jpg

Lockdown XMB Style uses the XMB Wave as the background, and is only for the PSP Slim.
Big time thanks to Dark_Alex for his VLF library, without which Lockdown XMB Style would have been impossible. Also thanks for adding the Plugins Disable feature in 5.00M33-2

xmbokhz4.jpg
xmbrequireah2.jpg

Lockdown In-Game will require you to enter a password when you resume your PSP from suspend mode. Useful to prevent other people from messing up your progress if you put the PSP in suspend during a game.

lig1.png
lig2.png

J

jx233

Still no 3.52 M33-4 compatibility?

Or does it not work in 3.## M33 firmwares at all?

LocutusEstBorg

I don't have a Phat PSP anymore to test it on 3.52M33
It *SHOULD* work on 3.60M33 onwards. It'll definitely work on 3.80 onwards.

It should be compatible, provided that the systemctrl exports are still there. You might need to change the paths to vsh/nodule or whatever in the prx.

J

jx233

Ok, understood.
I can change the path to [flash0:/vsh/nodule]

But, before I might download this, I need to know if is this a compressed PRX? (with the ~PSP heading/thing.) - Because its hard to edit compressed PRXs.

J

jx233

and BTW, is Lockdown Open Source?

It would be nice for me to "tweak it' for my personal use (make it run from MS, change interface,etc.)

LocutusEstBorg

and BTW, is Lockdown Open Source?

It would be nice for me to "tweak it' for my personal use (make it run from MS, change interface,etc.)

I'm planning to release source of all my stuff soon, as I'll be busy and won't have much time to code in the near future.

In any case you can customize the entire interface with the theme file. Including changing the positions of all the objects to your own coordinates.

J

jx233

Oh, ok. :smile:

But source will be needed so I can edit the program to run from from MemoryStick.

LocutusEstBorg

That will be very hard to do without extensive modification. It relies on the VSH not being loaded at all and not occupying any memory, because its very tight on memory already only a few KiB free. And it uses the GU functions, they won't work while the VSH is already using the GU to render.

J

jx233

Well, I just want to run program from seplugins, not flash0 or btcnf.bin

J

jx233

Well if there are major changes, I will just stick with ProtectMe v0.92, because it is from seplugins.

and Torch,

ProtectMe v0.92 allows the PSP User access to Recovery Menu on 3.52 M33-4.

But on a PSP Slim on 3.60 M33, I run ProtectMe v0.92 and it BLOCKS access to Recovery Menu.

Isn't that a wierd bug?

LocutusEstBorg

Thats impossible. seplugin can never load in recovery because the R button is detected in the IPL and the special recovery pspbtcnf is loaded.

It must be replacing the recovery.prx or something. I don't get the point of seplugins password protection, when you can just take out the memory stick.

J

jx233

Torch said:
Thats impossible. seplugin can never load in recovery because the R button is detected in the IPL and the special recovery pspbtcnf is loaded. It must be replacing the recovery.prx or something.

No, I boot PSP and press "R" and ProtectMe loads and blocks Recovery Menu. It must be a bug in 3.60 M33 IPL or something. ProtectMe does not touch flash0 or btcnf.bin. Its just wierd.

Torch said:
I don't get the point of seplugins password protection, when you can just take out the memory stick.

Only if you have a Pandora Battery inserted, then the user has no acces without the MS, so the user must re-insert the MS.

LocutusEstBorg

For the IPL to load from MS it only needs to be in the PSP for a very very short fraction of a second. The MS light will not even blink when it is being read by the pre-IPL. Basically by the time you turn on the switch and take out the MS, the IPL will have loaded, but the plugins take MUCH longer so they will not load.

I dunno about 3.60, maybe there it was using the old rtc method or something. But in current firmware recovery is loaded from the IPL, there is no way to bypass it without replacing recovery.prx.

J

jx233

Torch said:
I dunno about 3.60, maybe there it was using the old rtc method or something. But in current firmware recovery is loaded from the IPL, there is no way to bypass it without replacing recovery.prx.

i think thats it. :)

angelsniper45

how do you use the theme creator? it never saves my themes

angelsniper45

hexadecimal colors?

LocutusEstBorg

Its uses images! I've included the images with it. Customize the images to your liking. The coords.txt contains the x,y coordinates and the width,height for each image if you want to reposition them or change their size.