• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Logitech working on UMD add-on for the PSPgo

Riorio99

Seems a bit pointless to be fair. The Go owners bought it knowing that they wouldn't have UMD drive, so why would they buy one that makes an already fairly bulky portable, less portable.

And then there's the question of how it would work. It would either have to have some sort of software in the firmware, or have to rip and install ISO games.

Dan

Contributor
Well, there is people who prefer the design of the go, but can't use the PlayStation Store - For example, lack of credit card, among other reasons.

TeamOverload

Well, there is people who prefer the design of the go, but can't use the PlayStation Store - For example, lack of credit card, among other reasons.

Then they can always buy either PSN cards with a set value on them, or at Best Buy for example, they sell cards with a code for particular games which would work as well.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Then what the hell was the PSPgo for then? To be retarded looking?

What the hell is Sony doing with the PSP these days? It seems almost like a failed attempt at a portable.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Then they can always buy either PSN cards with a set value on them, or at Best Buy for example, they sell cards with a code for particular games which would work as well.

Note the "Can't use the store". Not can't buy at the store, can't use.

But yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if this allowed people to convert already-existing UMD's into digital format. Assuming it's real.

Cloudy

Just to copy my post from the front page...

While it would be nice for PSP-GO owners, It would be impossible without some sort of software to go with it. So, unless Sony is in on this too (and that is very unlikely, considering the push for digital with the PSP-GO), then it is probably not true.

Adiuvo

I doubt it'll happen. It defeats the purpose of the Go anyways.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
If you could store the games on the internal memory I don't believe it would defeat the purpose of the go at all. It would be nice to have this for games that I already own or games that can't be obtained via psn.

Hellcat

Contributor
Logitech already denied the thing, look at the other thread, there's a link to the updated rumor-origin.