• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Looking at getting a laptop

Sullivan

I am looking at getting a nice laptop in the 800-1000$ price range.

Any recommendations?

Tommi

What does it need to do?

Sullivan

Run and execute adobe flash,dreamweaver,photoshop smoothly.

Price range like 800-1000$. Maybe up to 1200. Like I want a nice lap top that does everything well, such as movie playback on a hd screen, etc.

Sullivan

All I am saying is that I don't want anything to bog down on me. Moving from a Dual core to a Quad core desktop was a huge difference in loading times and other things.

Now, recommendations?

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
All I am saying is that I don't want anything to bog down on me. Moving from a Dual core to a Quad core desktop was a huge difference in loading times and other things.

Now, recommendations?

If you run 64-bit it's going to be fast, dual core or quad..

When I had a dual core thing was quite quick in 64-bit (It was a $30 processor). It couldn't maintain a really high load, but it could maintain photoshop and HD playback then some other things at once (ie it wouldn't be able to host Google).

Roe

You could just check newegg for laptops with nice specs in your price range that do what you want. Also, you've got loads of money right? Don't suppose you could give me some?

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
Grab a Macbook man

EDIT: 400th post, made it a good one ;)

This is what I was gonna say
(enough with the fanboy shit, if anyone feels like arguing against this)
Macbook Pro's (mine was the higher-end 13" model. Cost a little under $1,800 - I actually don't mind the 13" screen, it's not really too small), if you feel like spending the extra money, are reliable and are good for college if you plan on/are going.

You can always dual-boot with Windahs 7, which is what I do, and my macbook runs photoshop smoothly (in osx, haven't tried photoshop in win7). But in win7, I can play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 at full speed with no lagging (with the exception of online because my internet connection at home sucks cock).

Anyway, people are gonna say to get the same spec's on a laptop for half the price, but if you like Macs, get a macbook pro

Seth

MD Party Room
Grab a Macbook man

EDIT: 400th post, made it a good one ;)

Agreed However if you want a pc

I pan on getting this Hp when I have the money

Features include an Intel Core i7-720QM 1.6GHz quad-core processor, 15.6" 1366x768 widescreen LED-backlit LCD with BrightView, 3GB RAM, 320GB 7200 rpm hard drive, dual-layer DVD burner, NVIDIA GeForce GT 320M 1GB video card, 802.11n wireless, webcam, 6-cell battery, and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

HP Buy an HP Pavilion dv6 and dv6t Quad Edition series notebook PC from HP