• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Lost Planet 3 Launches June 25, Pre-Order Bonuses Detailed

David Sanchez

Lost-Planet-3.jpg

Capcom today announced that Lost Planet 3 will be available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC on June 25 in North America. The game was previously scheduled for an early 2013 launch, but it is instead headed toward an early summer release. Europe will get the game a few days later on June 28.

Pre-order bonuses for Lost Planet 3 have also been revealed on the Capcom blog.

Continue reading...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Is LP2 on PC worth it? I enjoyed the first one but reviews were all over the place for the sequel so I held off.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Depends on what you want out of it. LP2 personally is one of my favorite games ever. The story lacks a singular main protagonist(Which is a reason that LP3 is looking great. All story focused! More like the first) but it's still a decent story. The music is phenomenal.

Graphics (Imo) are amazing. It has a unique control scheme that is customizable. Can be enjoyed Solo or in Co-op. I never really got into the MP much.

I would avoid DX11 though in this game. As nice as the Tessellation is and other stuff(Such as soft shadows). The DX11 motion blur is buggy and has artifacts on the sides of the screen when fast panning left and right.

It's a lot of fun in Co-op or Solo. My first playthrough on the PS3 was like 40+ hours. (With Solo, Co-op, Vr-missions like training missions,leveling characters,etc)

I hope Lost Planet 3's music isn't terrible. Lost Planet has always had strong melodic themes.

Lost planet 2's themes were amazing.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

What pisses me off is that people are calling this a rip-off of Dead Space.

YEAH TOTALLY, just because the game is 100 years before the first game and is during first colonization of EDN III (Which means more close and dangerous first encounters with the Akrid) and is a 3rd person game that it's automatically a Dead Space Rip-off.

Let alone the fact that Lost Planet 1 was around 2 years before Dead Space 1 and was also a 3rd person game that took place on a dangerous snow covered planet featuring the Akrid.

It's like people saying Lords of Shadow is a God of War clone when it has more in common with Castlevania Lament of Innocence gameplay wise. A game that pre-dates GoW by 2 years.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I think I'll like it then. Not looking for a huge change from the first game, if the core gameplay is the same I'll enjoy it. Here's hoping Capcom runs a franchise sale on Steam with the third game coming out soon.

Kind of silly people are calling LP3 a rip off. I'd say it's just a coincidence more than anything that the setting is similar to DS3.