• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Major Nelson's Account Temporarily Hacked

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Check out the pics of what they did to his profile over on Kotaku.

He's got it back now though:

Update: "I have control of the account," Hryb tells Kotaku. "The enforcement team took care of it." According to the Director of Policy and Enforcement for Xbox LIVE Stephen Toulouse (via Twitter), the hack looks like it was "very specific" and "very targeted" to Hryb's account. Toulouse is investigating the matter further.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
:| This could be bad news for XboX Live users... Still $60 dollars for hacking accounts? That's BS... But I'm guessing lots of people will/are already thinking of using this to damage other people accounts...

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The easiest way that people used to get accounts was to call up customer service and outsmart the service reps to doing things like changing the email tied to accounts, etc.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
The easiest way that people used to get accounts was to call up customer service and outsmart the service reps to doing things like changing the email tied to accounts, etc.

Gamers can be such bit* when they want to... What do you gain by damaging someone else's account anyway?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I wonder what will happen to the kid who did it...

Banhammer! (if he has an XboX Live account, that is)

I don't really see this going to court, since no damage was really done.

Now he has major nelson profile account on his xbox...offline that is.