• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Manually adding achievements

So, this is a probably a controversial idea and it's not really a suggestion - at least yet. I just want to hear everyone's thoughts about it.

There are many older games, mostly last-gen ones, that released on pc but never had achievements. Think Assassin's Creed from 1 to Revelations), Mass Effect 1 and 2, Dead Space 1 and 2, Mirror's Edge, BF Bad Company 2, and many others. All of these offered achievements on other platforms but not on PC. At least not officially: Bad Company 2 had it all registered and needed a 3rd party to display it: http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/Xamanz

How would it be if we had a system that allowed us to manually select those we THINK we have achieved? I'm sure it could lead to abuse by some people - but does it matter? It could be a differente category with no leaderboard. I personally think it would be awesome if we could do that.

Last edited: