• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Mass Effect 2 Set to Land on PS3

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Fresh from Gamescon, Bioware has just announced that Mass Effect 2 will be released on the Playstation 3 in January of 2011. While you won't be able to continue your personalized story from the first Mass Effect on the Playstation 3, you'll still be able to play one of this generations greatest RPGs, which was one of Microsoft's largest exclusives for it's Xbox 360 (yes, I know it's available on PC as well)[...]

Continue reading: Mass Effect 2 Set to Land on PS3...

Joey

It sucks that all the people who are going to play this on PS3 will miss out on the first game. They have to include some kind of DVD with this release, just for the sake of catching people up on the story. ME2 is completely playable with out playing ME1, but ME2 is far better when you have knowledge of what happened in the first game.

Great game though, everybody should buy it.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i wonder what got bioware to port this to the ps3, i'd suspect money, but i'd also expect m$ would pay alot to keep it exclusive(minus pc version)

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
It sucks that all the people who are going to play this on PS3 will miss out on the first game. They have to include some kind of DVD with this release, just for the sake of catching people up on the story. ME2 is completely playable with out playing ME1, but ME2 is far better when you have knowledge of what happened in the first game.

Great game though, everybody should buy it.

I agree, they'll also be missing out on the carrying over of certain decisions.

@$licer - Maybe $ony payed $ome monie$ to get thi$ relea$ed on the p$3?

Joey

The reason the first game was Xbox/PC only was because it was published by Microsoft. Mass Effect 2 was published by EA, thus, no reason to keep it exclusive.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ME2's plot can certainly stand by itself but I agree, in order to fully understand the story, playing the first is a must.

I'm sure they'll include a short recap at the beginning but that won't do the story justice, as a lot of ME's charm lies in the dialogue sequences. It's a shame the publisher hangup is preventing a bundled release.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
@$licer - Maybe $ony payed $ome monie$ to get thi$ relea$ed on the p$3?

maybe they did, and seriously, i've already had that argument, big deal, i write m$ with a dollar sign, why do you seriously have a problem with that?, it means nothing, m$ is wealthy, and that's the way i write it, that's how i've always written it, and that's how i'll continue to write it, get over it.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
maybe they did, and seriously, i've already had that argument, big deal, i write m$ with a dollar sign, why do you seriously have a problem with that?, it means nothing, m$ is wealthy, and that's the way i write it, that's how i've always written it, and that's how i'll continue to write it, get over it.

But WHY? It just fuels fanboys, there's no point at all.

Glad PS3 users will be able to play this too, was a really good game.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Fuels Sony fanboys that would love to bash on Microsoft, as well as Microsoft fanboys who would love to defend their point...You seriously don't expect those kinds of replies when you call Microsoft m$?

not when i've done that everytime i write m$, seriously, i've written m$ like that everytime, and it's only a few occasions were people are calling me out, i don't understand why people go out of their way to get pissed at such a thing, seriously m$ is wealthy, woopdey fucking do, so is $ony, so get over it, if a company has achieved enough wealth to have people abbreviate their name's with a $, then their doing something right.

ilyace

not when i've done that everytime i write m$, seriously, i've written m$ like that so many times on this site, it's only a few occasions were people are calling me out, i don't understand why people go out of their way to get pissed at such a thing, seriously m$ is wealthy, woopdey fucking do, so is $ony, so get over it, if a company has achieved enough wealth to have people abbreviate their name's with a $, then their doing something right.

You don't seem to really understand the connotation behind the abbreviations m$ or $ony.

Also, what the fuck is the point of abbreviating it m$ instead of ms?

Andy

Champion of the Sun
not when i've done that everytime i write m$, seriously, i've written m$ like that everytime, and it's only a few occasions were people are calling me out, i don't understand why people go out of their way to get pissed at such a thing, seriously m$ is wealthy, woopdey fucking do, so is $ony, so get over it, if a company has achieved enough wealth to have people abbreviate their name's with a $, then their doing something right.

I don't understand why you bother to do it though, is there an actual reason? Do you do it to say "Hey guys, Microsoft is wealthy!"?

I know this doesn't really matter. But did any one notice/find it a bit odd that they used the old ps3 logo (which I personally like better) in the announcement trailer?

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
I don't understand why you bother to do it though, is there an actual reason?

because m$ is how i write it, seriously, grow up kid, ur making a big deal out of nothing, and if you can't accept that's simply a habit, then get over it, i'm done defending myself, and well continue writing it that way, seriously, i already went through listening to you guys bitch about it before, get over it

@TheRaiderNation, i didn't notice it was the old logo, interesting that they used the older logo, i wonder how long it's taken for them to port it to the ps3.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
slicer4ever - the issue many people have is the use of the abbreviation M$ generally represents a Playstation user's view of the company (generally a negative view since they pay for many exclusives, and thus Playstation players get shafted). It's not exactly a neutral abbreviation and is seen as hostile (or dislike for the company). I don't like to see anyone use the abbreviation like that personally, but that's just me

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Wonder if they'll just use the stock decision set for ME2 or allow players to chose those things again (like the save import, but you choose). Like, the game will ask you if you want to save the Council, etc.

i think that'd be unfair to all the people that only played ME2 on the xbox, their stuck with the stock decision unless they go and get ME1, but at the same time, i guess ps3 user's don't have the option to play ME1, you know, i wonder if it'd be possible to stick a ME1 save from the xbox and put it in a similar directory path on the PS3's HDD, and if the PS3 version would detect it?

edit: @Abe, Andy, and Ilyace, i'd like to apologize for my behavior last night, after re-reading my responses i felt i came off as a pretty big dick to you three, i'll try to make sure i spell it with MS from now on, sorry.