• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Media Player

Acerthief

Like the topic says, Which is better or recommended?

Personally I use:

• iTunes - For music of a whole album from a CD
  • Window Media Player - Play individual pieces of music
  • Real - Download youtube clips
  • MADamp - When my PC is at high CPU rate and I need some music.

What about you?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I just use WMP, easiest for me to use and isn't much of a RAM hog (my iR remote also supports it so that's always a plus). I find iTunes is a waste of memory and I only used it when I transfered music to my old iPod (don't anymore since I don't have it).

Roe

I use VLC media player all the time unless I'm playing games. In that case I use ALSong

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I use MADamp or XMPlay when I'm gaming, and otherwise I use WMP. Oh, and it's WMP10, NOT 11. 11 is terrible compared to 10 IMO.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I use foobar2000.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
So i'm the only one here who uses winamp?...i love it :D seems a bit flaky with vista 64 bit but it works 96% of the time. really don't like WMP or iTunes, they use up a hell of a lot of memory.i do have an iPod but i just use the ML_iPod plugin for winamp.a feature of winamp i really love is the global hotkeys :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
foobar has global hotkeys too. ;) It actually has the most options out of any other music player I've used and is very light on the RAM usage. The default interface is very simple compared to WinAMP but you can always download plugins that support custom skins like this.

Acerthief

i use winamp its easy has a radio videos the only thing that is annoying is the winamp remote

I know a lotta people use Winamp,
but why though?

Winamp takes me like a minute to start up. >_>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sorry for reviving this thread, but I had to :p Was bored today and felt like installing a new foobar theme, ended up coming across this...

ibiza20a_preview1496.png

Instructions on how to set it up can be found at the link below. Takes awhile, but totally worth it in my opinion:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=64035

MenaceInc

Staff Member
looks nice.

i've however had to take up iTunes full time...there isn't any media player that lets me sync up my iPhone with my music other than it :(