• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Mechwarrior franchise... I was a hardcore MW fan. When playing the game, it's like living in another world after school.

i am sure others are out there too... they seem like just buying the franchise to make the profit and forget the rest.

Name a franchise that I've heard of before.

In addition, elaborate on how Microsoft has killed said franchise.

[HIGHLIGHT]Since when? They've announced one game that isn't going to be on 360. And I expect the reason it's not going to be on 360 is because of how poorly the last MMO they put out sold to the Microsoft crowd.[/HIGHLIGHT]

You didn't type that. You slammed fists into the keyboard until words formed, I can tell.

Kotaku - Final Fantasy XIV 360 Version Still A Distinct Possibility - Square Enix

unlockingsky

Vee

No console can kill a title like those.

How can you continue to make an argument lthat these games will be worse than they could have been? You will NEVER be able to prove scenarios that will NEVER exist outside of your one-sided mind.

Vee said:
Its pretty much impossible for me to prove right now, that they have been killed.

Is that not what i just said?

Vee

Then what was the point in your first post?

It was an opinion. I didn't have hard proof to back up my opinion, thats why its just that. An opinion.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM EST ----------

Not really.

You said it's impossible now, and I said it would NEVER be possible. There is a difference.

Well if tomorrow, a demo of MGS Rising came on XBL and PSN and you saw that it looked worse then Portable Ops and played as badly as AC!D, wouldn't that be enough proof?

It would be possible, just not possible right this minute.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
It was an opinion. I didn't have hard proof to back up my opinion, thats why its just that. An opinion.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM EST ----------

Well if tomorrow, a demo of MGS Rising came on XBL and PSN and you saw that it looked worse then Portable Ops and played as badly as AC!D, wouldn't that be enough proof?

It would be possible, just not possible right this minute.

You've gone too far down the rabbit hole.

"What if" statements are about as useful as a shit flavored lollipop.

Vee

You've gone too far down the rabbit hole.

"What if" statements are about as useful as a shit flavored lollipop.

You said it would never be possible. That mean's there isn't the slightest chance.

There is a chance that MGS Rising will be crap. Its not like that's impossible.

Slasher

Suck It
How many times does this have to be explained? If your releasing a game multiplatform, your spending more time trying to get it working on both consoles, then just fine tuning it on one. Its the reason why all first party exclusives, look and play better then multiplatforms.
Besides visuals, loads of other concessions need to be made for a game to work properly on two different consoles, especially when their so different. For instance, if GTA4 was a PS3 exclusive, then we could have possibly seen twice as many radio stations and even a game thats twice as long. I know that would be alot more extra work for them, but if they had the man power, then nothing else would be stopping them. Where as on the 360, alot is. Disk space for starters.
Are you a developer? No? Please shut it if you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Give me a reputable source that goes in depth and explains this.

What about RE5, BioShock, COD4/5, GTA4, etc, etc? These games were in no way hindered and are all fucking great. Being a multiplatform game does not make it a hindered game, for all we know having a game work multiplatform might be a breeze.

The size of a PS3 disc vs the size of a 360 disc is obviously a proven fact that the bluray's capacity is larger but honest to god do games ever need that much space? MGS4 is probably the only game to date which comes even close but that's because they didn't compress anything. The audio alone took up the majority of that space. Compressing data or even if it came to it making 2 discs is not a big deal. Size is not such an issue that you seem to be making it out to be. Both consoles also sport an HDD so installing a game to that isn't a big deal either. Other than this small issue, I really don't see anything else hindering a title? You sound like you have a plethora of reasons.
Also back then, the PS2 and Xbox were closer specs, then the PS3 and 360 now are.
Give me a goddamn break. The PS3 isn't all it's cracked up to be. I used to think like you and thought that the PS3 was graphically superior by a longshot, but I've been proven wrong just by looking at the titles for both. Killzone 2 is impressive, but I've seen all sorts of prettier titles on the 360 compared to the PS3 - both multiplatform and not.

Your right, FF13 isn't out yet. But judging by Square Enix's decision to go exclusive from now on, it clearly wasn't a good venture making a game multiplatform. They probably just thought of the sales instead of the quality of the game, which is good business sense. But i know that Square Enix, like Rockstar and so many others, care alot about the quality of game their making.
Source plz? You once again have no clue what you're talking about. This is the fan boy speaking from within prancing around and spitting out BS. Also look at the link Abe posted... Exclusive...? Not quite.
Tekken 6, would have been a better game if it was PS3 only. It would probably run smoother and look better. But right now, Namco have to waste time getting the game to look and play decent on both.
Once again, give me a fucking break. This is fan child speak.
It all boils down to one thing, do you two believe that the first party games on the Playstation 3 (past and future), are of a higher quality then the 360's?

If your answers no, then your never going to agree with me, its about as simple as that. Your clearly someone who doesn't care about the technicalities of a game and just wants to have a blast after work.
Uhm, yes, and no. Each console has great first party games. If I were to choose a console which has better first party games then I would probably choose the 360. This is coming from a guy that doesn't even own a 360 but owns a PS3.

What decent first party games does the PS3 even have? I can only think of maybe 5 of them MAX. And they aren't nearly as successful as the 360 ones have been.
How have those four games been killed by Microsoft? Its pretty much impossible for me to prove right now, that they have been killed.
Then why the fuck would you even bring them up and say that they have been killed??

We're going to have to wait for them to come out to see how they do. But i strongly believe that they wont be as a high quality as they would have been, if they were just developed on one, more powerful console.
It's barely any more powerful. The PS3 and 360 are god damn nearly identical as far as being powerful goes. Just look at every game made to date. I have yet to see any real graphical superiority on the PS3. I keep hearing the PS3 is more powerful, but I've yet to ever see it.

If Square Enix and Kojima, are able to make actual sequels to those games, where they're actually innovating and the games are as high a quality as their prequels, then i will be blown away. But i think Metal Gear Solid Rising, will either be shorter or totally different to MGS4.

As much as I'm sure you'd love to see that happen, I doubt it. I find it hilarious how pumped you sounded for this new MGS game, but I'm sure once you found out it will also be available on the 360 you instantly turned bitter against it.

Then why do you say everything with such fucking certainty? Throw in an "In my opinion" and you won't look so stupid.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
You said it would never be possible. That mean's there isn't the slightest chance.

There is a chance that MGS Rising will be crap. Its not like that's impossible.

It could be shit for numerous reasons. Being a multi-console release and having Microsoft involved is not one of them.

Vee

Holy crap.

You guys dont realise, that more then anything else, i want more of my favorite series in video games; Metal Gear Solid.

Literally nothing would make me more happy, then MGS Rising being amazing. I've just got a niggling feeling that Kojima, a developer who hasn't made a multiplatform game this generation, is going to either sacrifice something, or allow it to run badly on of the consoles.

Seeing as it was their idea to go multiplatform, i'm guessing they're clued up on how to do it.

twelve

I'm not dead
lol so as I thought Vee had completely made up the 'fact' that Squenix were going Sony exclusive after 13.
It's barely any more powerful. The PS3 and 360 are god damn nearly identical as far as being powerful goes. Just look at every game made to date. I have yet to see any real graphical superiority on the PS3. I keep hearing the PS3 is more powerful, but I've yet to ever see it.
On paper the PS3 is more powerful, especially the Cell. Unfortunately for Sony the CPU isn't what makes the games pretty, it's the GPU and memory.

And memory is where the PS3 really suffers due to Sony making it 256MB graphics memory and 256MB system memory. The 360 has 512MB of shared memory, this can be allocated however the developer wishes. So if a PS3 version of a game is performing well without using all of the system memory the rest of that memory is wasted, if a 360 game is performing well without using all of the system memory the spare memory can be allocated to graphics to make it look even better. Same applies the other way, if they've achieved what they want to achieve with the graphics then any memory not used on 360 can be used as system memory to make it perform better, while the PS3 is wasted yet again.

unlockingsky

And memory is where the PS3 really suffers due to Sony making it 256MB graphics memory and 256MB system memory. The 360 has 512MB of shared memory, this can be allocated however the developer wishes. So if a PS3 version of a game is performing well without using all of the system memory the rest of that memory is wasted, if a 360 game is performing well without using all of the system memory the spare memory can be allocated to graphics to make it look even better. Same applies the other way, if they've achieved what they want to achieve with the graphics then any memory not used on 360 can be used as system memory to make it perform better, while the PS3 is wasted yet again.

interesting concept. i wish console boards can be like a pc where you can add/swap components like memory/cpu. i remember the n64 can upgrade their onboard memory?... just reading about programming in cell cpu, it requires high skills. its like using algebra to prove your multivavariable calculus answer versus using the given theorem.

is 360 or ps3 better? thats according to individual experience. somtimes there a bits and pieces of feature i want from each technology. eg. 360 controller to be ps3 compatible, upgradable cpu/memory, and 360's natal project.

i know what i said is in favor for ps3. however, i have a grudge with m$ about my game. what actually happen on the business side is that m$ close the studio that was maintaining the franchise. then salvage the people from within. m$ liquidate/transfer the remaining asset to their own studio.
Wikimedia Error

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Lightning Bolt Action or whatever they had to replace Tactical Espionage Action sounds like gameplay that could be a lot more fun than stealth IMO. Makes me excited for this game.

twelve

I'm not dead
I think Lightning Bolt Action is just relaying that you play as Raiden not Snake (Raiden being the god of thunder and lightning in Japanese mythology).

Ninja's are meant to go undetected so I expect there will be an element of stealth to it still. But it will also probably be more action based to appeal to the dumber 360 audience :p

eldiablov

Contributor
Tekken 6, would have been a better game if it was PS3 only. It would probably run smoother and look better. But right now, Namco have to waste time getting the game to look and play decent on both.

Call me a fanboy if you'd like. But i was the first to shoot down Home and any other bad Sony idea. But when i've got an opinion on something, that is clearly based in truth, then i'm going to express it. Regardless.

Tekken always runs as smooth as possible and I doubt the 360 is incapable of producing a smooth good looking 3d fighter O_O

You are a fanboy tbh, I bet you ate up that "only possible on PS3" line every time a Sony representative said it at E3.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM EST ----------

You guys dont realise, that more then anything else, i want more of my favorite series in video games; Metal Gear Solid.

Literally nothing would make me more happy, then MGS Rising being amazing. I've just got a niggling feeling that Kojima, a developer who hasn't made a multiplatform game this generation, is going to either sacrifice something, or allow it to run badly on of the consoles.

Seeing as it was their idea to go multiplatform, i'm guessing they're clued up on how to do it.

That's a complete contradiction ...

Your extreme views on the PS3's won't help your popularity levels Vee. The way you come across when referring to things like this makes you seem like you're in the know, when infact you're not. You're not a developer, you don't know as much as you'd like to think and you have no idea of what goes into creating a game.

Saying that MGS Rising will be a point and click because it is on 360 just makes you look like more of a fanboy.

hibbyware

In the Kojima Productions Report E3 Session 003 Christopher Johns said that MGS:Rising will also be available on PC,