• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

MFM Crypt-o-Quote Rules, Guidelines, Discussion, and Points Standings

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
After the success and good input of the first COQ, I will continue to make new puzzles. I don't have promises for daily COQ's but I will try make at least one a week. Hell, I may go crazy and do 5 in one day.

RULES

-Each COQ will have a code in which you have to decrypt the numbers, symbols, or different letters (classic COQ style).

-It is up to the community (everyone can play, except me and the quotation submitter which is described further in the post) to solve the quotation and state the source where this quotation is from.

-If the quotation is not being solved in a period of time, I will throw in some hints. But I will not just give them to you, the hint(s) will be scattered in the forums and I will give you a hint to where the hint is (sneaky, eh?)

-The game is run under a score called “awesome points”. The person who solves the quotation AND states the source in the FASTEST time will be awarded 200 awesome points. Anyone who has participated in the game before 24 hours after the puzzle was solved will receive 20 awesome points.

-Please post your findings in the thread. At least try to help others around you.

-PM ME YOUR ANSWERS, DON'T POST THE ANSWER IN THE THREAD.

QUOTATION SUBMISSIONS

-If you wish to submit a quotation to me, feel free to PM me it and I will make a puzzle out of it. I would appreciate your input. You will not have permission to play the game or give any hints. But your username will be stated with your puzzle and you will receive 100 awesome points. Besides, wouldn’t it be fun to try to stump your friends on your quotation??

RULES FOR SUBMITTING QUOTATIONS

-You MUST include the source where the quotation is from (a book, movie, video game, TV show, famous person, etc.)

-If you send me multiple quotations in a day and I use them, I will divide your awesome points by half for each. Example: 1st quote: 100 2nd: 50 3rd: 25. After the third quotation, you will get nothing. Your receiving points will reset back to 100 after a few days. This will prevent point farming.

-I will not accept quotations that are too short (Ex: I’ll be back!!) or insanely long quotations (over 110 words).

-I will not accept quotations that contain racist, sexist, or other derogatory terms.

-I will not accept quotations that were entirely made up.

-If your quotation contains explicit language, make sure that does not have a lot of it. I prefer quotations that do not say “fuck” every 3rd word.

-I will not accept quotations in another language other than English.

There they are. Enjoy the COQ’s. Feel free to give comments and discussion in this thread.

COQ WINNERS
-Puzzle #1: twelve
-Puzzle #2: twelve
-Puzzle #3: Chathurga
-Puzzle #4: Moca
-Puzzle #5: Chathurga
-Puzzle #6: >>TBD<<

AWESOME POINTS TALLY
Chathurga: 460
twelve: 400
Moca: 200
AndyL: 150
Copacetic: 20
%chrono trigger%: 20
EvilSeph: 20
A_Nub: 20
Clint: 20

Puzzle Archive
Puzzle #1: Submitted by [No-one]
Puzzle #2: Submitted by AndyL
Puzzle #3: Submitted by [No-one]
Puzzle #4: Submitted by AndyL
Puzzle #5: Submitted by [No-one]
Puzzle #6: Submitted by [No-one]

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I'll go ahead and sticky the thread. Excellent idea for some fun. :)

twelve

I'm not dead
100 points for submitting a quote seems quite a lot compared to 200 for solving it.

Doesn't really matter though as I'm just enjoying doing them, and it's not like the points are for anything except proving how awesome we all are.

edit: Although with it reducing with each quote submitted doesn't matter either. Ignore moi.

EvilSeph

Administrator
I think you should have people PM you the answer, but let people post their findings (not the full answer) in the thread. It will make managing who figured it out easier.

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
I think you should have people PM you the answer, but let people post their findings (not the full answer) in the thread. It will make managing who figured it out easier.

I guess that will make it easier.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM EST ----------

Rules updated. Now you should PM me your answers instead of posting them in the thread.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I've got a Syphon Filter code from PSN that can go to a winner. Decide how you want to determine it and I'll PM them the code.

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
I've got a Syphon Filter code from PSN that can go to a winner. Decide how you want to determine it and I'll PM them the code.

That's great. I'll save that for a special puzzle.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM EST ----------

Just a reminder that there will another COQ tommorrow.

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
Ah damn, thought there was going to be another one tonight :(

I am sorry to disappoint, but I promise there WILL be puzzles tommorrow. Besides, I will announce that we will have a PRIZE PUZZLE sometime soon. Abe Froeman will donate a Syphon Fliter code to the winner of that puzzle.

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
Just a reminder that there will be a puzzle tommorrow. I am sorry, but I am just really tired right now.

EvilSeph

Administrator
Just want to point out that I said solutions should be PM'ed to you but people should still help others out with clues in the thread (probably best to use spoiler tags) ;). If they want to, anyway. Working together with the community to figure out something is fun :)

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
Just want to point out that I said solutions should be PM'ed to you but people should still help others out with clues in the thread (probably best to use spoiler tags) ;). If they want to, anyway. Working together with the community to figure out something is fun :)

The solutions are PM'ed to me. They are PM'ed to me when points are valid. After 24 hours when the puzzle is solved, points are not valid, then I post the answer in a spoiler.

But yes I agree that people should everyone out.

A_Nub

Developer
How did I get awesome points?

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM EST ----------

Ok so I devised a new and more challenging Crypto quote, this includes knowing simple binary.

Heres a screen shot of the generator (unscrambled binary, so its a straight translation.) Note: the binary reads like a book, top left = far right column, so if the top left is lit and nothing else is, then the value is 1
test.bmp

I can easily add scrambling, im just wondering who would like these? More or less than the others?

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
How did I get awesome points?

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM EST ----------

Ok so I devised a new and more challenging Crypto quote, this includes knowing simple binary.

Heres a screen shot of the generator (unscrambled binary, so its a straight translation.) Note: the binary reads like a book, top left = far right column, so if the top left is lit and nothing else is, then the value is 1
[qimg]http://thayer-remodeling.com/stuff/cryptoQuotegen/test.bmp[/qimg]

I can easily add scrambling, im just wondering who would like these? More or less than the others?

I think some people would prefer no binary, to be honest :) There are binary translators out there anyway, so even if some people agree not to use them, there will be that one person. With my code, you can only solve it on your own since I make the codes up. It may be easier, but there is no possible way of cheating, which I ALWAYS want this to be fair.

A_Nub

Developer
As I said, that sample is a direct translation to binary, but I also have a scrambler, so mine is the same as yours, but a graphical binary representation. And they can go ahead and use the translators if they want ;)

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
As I said, that sample is a direct translation to binary, but I also have a scrambler, so mine is the same as yours, but a graphical binary representation. And they can go ahead and use the translators if they want ;)

But then what is a point of having a puzzle if they have something to help them? It is like playing a baseball game without the opposing team. I just want it to be fair and being able to solve it on your own without any programs, cheat sheets, translators or whatever. We don't need a binary translation. We are fine with what we got. Since I may have prize puzzles along the way, I need a method where there is NO POSSIBLE way of enhancing someone's way through and finishing first. So, my method has complete made up codes which makes it impossible for people to use enhancements and forcing them to use logic. I appreciate your input but with all due respect, I think this is not a proper way. I don't need any help other than quotes being sent to me. Thank you for listening.