• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

MfM Logo Re-design (Inputs, Submissions, Concepts, etc.)

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I've been wanting to create a new logo for our site for some time now, but the problem is I'm not qualified enough to do so myself. The problem with the current one is it is hard to turn into a watermark and the "logo" itself without the text only has one M while I really think there should be emphasis on the second one in "Mature" as well. Therefore when someone sees a logo (almost like Engadget has the E with the radio waves) they can identify it with the site's name. While the simple "M" that is drawn symbolizes M...for mature, it would be fine it our site was named "M.net" but it's name "MforMature.net" So I was hoping we could design a new logo that includes two M's in the artwork.

I've done up a quick concept picture of what I would like it to look like, but the problem is it looks childish, simple, and very amateur (which it is). The problem with the existing logo is also the white text, to show it on paper or say a business card you'll need to invert the text to black and then it doesn't match us as well with he "light" color theme (you could change it to blue but then it's almost too much blue).

Concept:

image-DB97_4B6BA014.jpg

I'm looking for any suggestions, comments, your own concepts or even your own submissions...that look better than mine ;) I haven't discussed this with anyone else but I figured that I might as well try to see what the community thinks first

EvilSeph

Administrator
I just have a feeling you haven't fixed it.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Was getting some ideas while in bed so just hopped back on to do a few more concepts, this is just a small alteration of the first concept:

image-D24C_4B6BC19B.jpg

EDIT:

Back when we chose this name I tried doing a logo with the black box around the M (like the ESRB rating) but couldn't find a good way of doing it, so I went against what I wanted (two M's) and just tried the simple route of making an M...with a box around it, I actually like the simplicity of it:

image-97E8_4B6BC3EB.jpg

Colored:

4331411995_4b5b38ed53_o.jpg

eldiablov

Contributor
If we were going to change logo I think it would make sense to attempt to do something with the ESRB rating.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Apparently xs.to is a stupid place to host images. I have no idea what your stuff looks like Frozen as all there is advertisements in their place.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Apparently xs.to is a stupid place to host images. I have no idea what your stuff looks like Frozen as all there is advertisements in their place.

Sorry, I hate imaging hosting sites, xs.to never used to be like this.

4332621442_3aa82174a3_o.jpg

4331882809_9e423f1348_o.jpg

4331882781_993483f6ce_o.png

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Those are all awful compared to the one we currently use. I also don't really see the point in all of this.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Those are all awful compared to the one we currently use. I also don't really see the point in all of this.

they are just concepts and i sated my reasons for seeking a new logo, but if yhe majority of the people lile the current logo then i guess i can live with it.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
they are just concepts and i sated my reasons for seeking a new logo, but if yhe majority of the people lile the current logo then i guess i can live with it.

The only thing I'm seeing different with your mockups is the addition of a more pronounced second "M."

If that's what you are going for, just change the color of the "m" in mature in the current one we are using.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
The only thing I'm seeing different with your mockups is the addition of a more pronounced second "M."

If that's what you are going for, just change the color of the "m" in mature in the current one we are using.

Well I wanted it to resemble the site's image in one way or another, the current logo doesn't seem to represent us. Like I mentioned, Engadget has the radio waves (which makes sense since they are a gadget blog, wifi/radio waves are pretty common knowledge and identifiable to most people who read the site).

The other problem I had with the current logo was it wasn't easy to transfer it into a watermark (the white text proved troublesome to show up properly in images/video. Also I was hoping we could form a "logo" that is identifiable without the inclusion of our "for mature" text, so two M's together would suit us better or even the ESRB rating design (although I'm pretty sure modeling our logo after that would enter some grey area in copyright protection).

For example (for watermark purposes the double M's could be used without the text and people should still be able to identify it with our site. The other image, the M within a box somewhat resembles the ESRB rating, again, allowing readers to identify it with our site.

I was just throwing ideas out and wanted to see what the community could come up with. I like the design of the current logo, but I just wanted to see what others could come up with since we just kind of went with this logo after Nevada came up with it and didn't really look back since then.

I don't like my designs either, but that's why I've created this thread: to see what people could do with the concepts I put forth or to get their input, like you've given (current logo being fine).

EvilSeph

Administrator
I don't see the point in this either. If you put yourself out there, people will eventually associate whatever logo you have with your site - regardless of its qualities. I also believe the current sole coloured M is a good logo already.

Maattt

I don't see the point in this either. If you put yourself out there, people will eventually associate whatever logo you have with your site - regardless of its qualities. I also believe the current sole coloured M is a good logo already.

I agree, don't fix something that isn't broken ;)