• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC MfM TF2 Tournament Setup

EvilSeph

Administrator
Note: Before you continue reading, this tournament will be different from the previous one as we're looking to organise a semi-serious match between two teams that will work together and listen to each other. If you can't commit to this match, please don't say you'll join as you'll be letting your team down.

Choosing who attacks:
Both teams will meet up in the middle of cp_badlands as heavies with fists and we'll have a fist fight. The victor will decide who attacks first (on appropriate maps).

Tournament mode:

• Allows teams to set small team names and specify when they are ready
  • Provides more organization for matches
  • Provides Stopwatch mode (not sure if we'll want to use it)
  • Provides class restrictions
Notes:
Stopwatch mode - The first team to 4 points or the team with the most points after 60 minutes

Rules:

• 2 per-class restrictions apart from 1 demo and 1 medic.
  • Sandman should not be allowed
  • All scripts are forbidden except basic aliases/TF2 cvar changing
  • 30 minute time limit for non Stopwatch maps
Possible Maps:
cp_gravelpit
pl_goldrush
pl_badwater
ctf_turbine
ctf_well
cp_badlands
cp_granary
cp_freight
pl_waste_b4
pl_swift_final
pl_repository_rc2

Other:
I propose we ban usage of the Sandman due to the 1 medic per team limit and the fact it takes away control from the player.

So let's discuss the format of this tournament and see who is interested in playing this. The list of maps is just what I personally feel should only be the maps we consider, but feel free to state your opinion.

Even if you have no input on how this tournament should go, please reply so we know you are interested. While interest will generally mean this tournament will happen, we'll let you know when this tournament will officially happen.

If all goes well, we hope to have this happen on Saturday, at the usual time (4 PM EDT).

Serideth

I'm in if it's a time I can attend.

I don't really see a need to ban the sandman, but I hardly ever play as scout so meh.

I'd love to see Wasteb4 get played as a map.

Joey

I'm not too keen on the class restirctions, but yeah, I'm down. Let's try to figure out the day and time as soon as possible though, because you guys usually do this at about 10 AM my time, and I'm usually sleeping by that time, and I miss the announced time. We can do it, let's just try to figure out the time at least 24 hours ahead of time.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
The class restrictions, although annoying, makes it more of an official tournament so I'm fine with that. Besides I think we have been pretty good with not spamming characters (except for that day with the spy and heavy rush) so it won't effect us that much.

Anytime Saturday is good for me.

Colm

Depending on what time it's on at, I'll probably play. Will have to disable my rocketjump bind, though. :(
I'd love to see wasteb4 being played, but BE PREPARED. Get pl_waste_b4 from a TF2 website like TF2Maps or FPSbanana. I might also provide a mirror on MediaFire, or something.

Hardrive

Contributor
I might have to leave early, but I'd love to play.

When you say you've blocked scripts, how much? I have a lot of behaviors scripted right now, and I'll honestly be pretty pissed off if I have to do it all manually (mainly spy stuff).

EvilSeph

Administrator
Generally, rj, rapid pistol fire, triple jump, etc. scripts won't be allowed - these tend to include spy quick switching scripts (but not keys being bound to switch disguises...). Please remember, this is a setup discussion, if you don't like it, say so and we'll discuss it. I'm just basing my setup off of how real LANs are run.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious

When you say you've blocked scripts, how much? I have a lot of behaviors scripted right now, and I'll honestly be pretty pissed off if I have to do it all manually (mainly spy stuff).
So that's why your so good at Spy :p

Hardrive

Contributor
I just have my F buttons bound to each class as a quick disguise. I've tried out quick stab and zap scripts but never had any luck with them.

So as long as the binding disguises is okay, I'm cool

Joey

Play like a man, bitch...

EvilSeph

Administrator
I just have my F buttons bound to each class as a quick disguise. I've tried out quick stab and zap scripts but never had any luck with them.

So as long as the binding disguises is okay, I'm cool

Binding disguises is fine. It doesn't help you in any way. :p

Hardrive

Contributor
Your book was written by a lesbian...

Why do you think the remote control was invited? To enable laziness :). I dunno, my book, whoever it was written by, is working for me.

I just confirmed that I will be able to make it, so count me in ES.

Joey

Why do you think the remote control was invited? To enable laziness :). I dunno, my book, whoever it was written by, is working for me.

I just confirmed that I will be able to make it, so count me in ES.

Enabling laziness for a competitive advantage is for women... I'm still better than you, but it's probably less apparent to all my followers.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I just looked at the time and I don't think I can make this. I'm playing softball Saturday morning and then have a shitload of errands to run, then we're going over a friends house for some boozing at night.