• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Microsoft Admits To Erroneous Console Bans, Offers Compensation

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
thegreenx.jpg

While Microsoft routinely bans modded consoles from Xbox Live, a number of units were erroneously banned in what the company calls a “very specific” incident that occurred between August 29 and September 9.

Xbox Live Policy and Enforcement chief Stephen Toulouse says the findings are a result of a investigation that was prompted by customers who insisted that their console was wrongly suspended.

While there's an "extremely small percentage" of consoles affected, Microsoft is taking steps to make things right[...]

Continue reading: Microsoft Admits To Erroneous Console Bans, Offers Compensation...

january39

eXo Staff
Interesting that they are certain it only effects X, yet prior to the ban they were 100% certain they should be banned, makes you wonder if the same has happened previously and they simply did not notice...or care??

Robby

Los Doyers!
Interesting that they are certain it only effects X, yet prior to the ban they were 100% certain they should be banned, makes you wonder if the same has happened previously and they simply did not notice...or care??

Well before they were using new software to do the bans automatically, now they found out that new software is not working right so they stopped using it and are going back to the old way of banning consoles which was more accurate.

And them offering 3 months of live and 1600 MS points kinda shows they care, they could have easily not say anything and just left the users banned.

deckman98

Trained Professional
Well I was a user affected and I was so fed up with Microsoft that I was thinking about getting a PS3... yeah.
And now what have they done?! Put the MS points on the account I don't use anymore and theres nothing they can do about it.
Thanks once again Microsoft.