• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Microsoft Calling for US Participants for 360 Software Update - "Updated 360 disc format"

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yes I am.

As of right now, all game backups don't work. When trying to read your DVD key with jungleflasher, it comes up as all 0's, the no-jtag glitch doesn't work as when the console turns on, it corrupts all no-jtag profiles.

There is a workaround of sorts as if you have your DVD key stored on your computer before upgrading, you can "reflash" your console and play NON ap25 games but right now that is not recommended because they don't know if LT is detectable anymore. c4 has said he is waiting to receive a copy of halo reach to see what he can do and in the future a public way of ripping ap25 data will be released due to a method found a couple of weeks ago.

So be thing for modders is to make sure you have a copy of your dvd key before upgrading as it may be difficult to get it in the future. Update really has nothing for regular people besides a free game.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Yes I am.

As of right now, all game backups don't work. When trying to read your DVD key with jungleflasher, it comes up as all 0's, the no-jtag glitch doesn't work as when the console turns on, it corrupts all no-jtag profiles.

There is a workaround of sorts as if you have your DVD key stored on your computer before upgrading, you can "reflash" your console and play NON ap25 games but right now that is not recommended because they don't know if LT is detectable anymore. c4 has said he is waiting to receive a copy of halo reach to see what he can do and in the future a public way of ripping ap25 data will be released due to a method found a couple of weeks ago.

So be thing for modders is to make sure you have a copy of your dvd key before upgrading as it may be difficult to get it in the future. Update really has nothing for regular people besides a free game.

Wow, so it sounds like it changes your DVD drive as well as the 360 software...

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Wait , so you guys are basically analyzing what these new security updates do and trying work around them so you can continue to use hacks and backups?

Way to keep Microsoft on the run!
HAR HAR.

Robby

Los Doyers!
so, their are no new noticeable features with the update then?
Nope. Its just a big security update. Although, in the future the added space can maybe see a increase in games as it can have more data on it now. But just this update alone does nothing to a regular user.

Wait , so you guys are basically analyzing what these new security updates do and trying work around them so you can continue to use hacks and backups?

Way to keep Microsoft on the run!
HAR HAR.
Pretty much :)

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I think I may be in this program, haven't turned on my Xbox in ages though since I don't have time for games. Was in my Connect dashboard so not sure, will check later this week if I've got time. How long do you think it'll take before people start selling those Reach discs? sad world we live in

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm curious to see what happens if you pop one of these discs into a console without the update to support it.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm curious to see what happens if you pop one of these discs into a console without the update to support it.

I'll be able to provide an answer to that this weekend if I am indeed part of the program (would be sent to my home address instead of school)

TeamOverload

I would assume that the game would update the system, but it would not allow that system to connect to LIVE until the update is officially released to all.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"

Robby

Los Doyers!
Came home today and got my copy of Reach.

Inserting it into a console not registered would update the console and disable LIVE until the actual update comes out officially.