• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

My brother wants to buy another 360, give me some reasons to convince him not to.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
I used to have a 360, but I sold it some months back. I had plans on buying a PS3 this summer when I have a steadier cash flow. My brother is making a trip down to Minneapolis tomorrow or something like that and he told me he's probably going to buy a 360. How should I convince him to buy a PS3 instead?

Andy

Champion of the Sun
It's his money let him spend it on what he wants, seems a bit selfish as you want him to buy a PS3 for your benefit, not his. However, if you want to try and persuade him:

Free online
Good games such as Killzone 2, GT:5 soon
BluRay player
Lower failure rate

Just tell him the usual.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
gah, the fucker is adamant on getting a 360. I suppose having a 360 in the house again won't be too bad, at least I'll be able to steal my friend's Rock Band shit.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I would be too :/ The PS3 is nice but very expensive in comparison still. The 360's lineup of games probably suits his tastes more as it does mine. I have a PS3 but am unable to buy any games for it right now because of my lack of $$$, and those that I would buy are generally single player games - the 360 is seen more as a multiplayer console IMO - online service being better as well (IMO)

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
With the Elite he can install most of the games he owns to the HDD, which is a good feature. Reduces the noise and wear-and-tear of the disk drive.

What games? I sold every last piece of 360 hardware and games that I own. The only thing we have left is Lost Planet (no one wanted it) and the component cables and a VGA cable. I suppose it's a moot point since we'd have to buy PS3 shit too (yes, we, I told him if he gets a PS3 I'd go in 50/50) but I don't feel like re-buying games and chances are he'd get a 360 with the Phil/Lite-On drive and last time I checked, you can't flash those.

twelve

I'm not dead
I recently upgraded to a 120GB just to install games to the HDD. I've been playing it a lot more now that it's quiet.

Personally I'd say let him get whichever he wants. I get about equal use out of both consoles. I prefer the PS3 as a console but the 360 has better exclusives.

Robby

Los Doyers!
What games? I sold every last piece of 360 hardware and games that I own. The only thing we have left is Lost Planet (no one wanted it) and the component cables and a VGA cable. I suppose it's a moot point since we'd have to buy PS3 shit too (yes, we, I told him if he gets a PS3 I'd go in 50/50) but I don't feel like re-buying games and chances are he'd get a 360 with the Phil/Lite-On drive and last time I checked, you can't flash those.

You can flash the Lite-ons. Just flashed mines last week. Although you need an xtactor or a home made one to get the key from the drive.
Also, the extra space is great as he can install his games to the HDD and have his xbox run quite as he plays games.
I say let him get it, its a better console imo.

Cryox

Bro.
If i were you i would get both, 360 now, PS3 later, althought the PS3 is coming out, and has, some really nice shooters, the 360 just seems to have more stuff to do. idk though, as the times i have played the ps3 it was with crap games like track-racers and baseball.

_Syn

With the Elite he can install most of the games he owns to the HDD, which is a good feature. Reduces the noise and wear-and-tear of the disk drive.

True about the noise, but I've had my PS2 ever since 2002, and I used to play it 24/7 and the disk drive is still working properly, but I'm pretty sure it's on the verge of breaking soon (I don't use it a lot anymore).

I hope this doesn't become a 360 vs PS3 flame thread once again :bored:.

If your brother thinks that having a 360 will be cheaper, well, think again. PS3's will give you a better bang for your buck in the long run. Comes equipped with a Blu-ray player, can be used to view Music, Photos, and Videos, used to play games, obviously, surf the web, and there are many things. One may argue that 360 succeeds over the PS3, but it's been out for over a year and a half before PS3, so obviously, it would have sold more systems. :blush:

B

Bizarre

It depends, if it is your brothers money and he feels like the 360 is more dominant then PS3 then he should.

But if you want to convince him to get a PS3 then tell him this(not bashing the 360):
-Bigger game disks
-Killzone 2
-No big brick as a power supply
-Blu-ray
-Pretty much all the features 360 doesn't

Note: Not intending to put the 360 down or flame against it and its users.

Sullivan

OMG, if you plan to purchase either a PS3 or a 360, make sure to get it off the BB site. You can save 100$ - 150$.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
Damnit, he said he was going to get a PS3 if I split the cost with him, but then he went and got a 360 anyway.

I'll check out that Best Buy site, I might have enough cash in my checking to get one.

Vee

Killzone 2.

Show him it, let him play it. If he can walk away not wanting it, he isn't human.

Cryox

Bro.
Killzone 2.

Show him it, let him play it. If he can walk away not wanting it, he isn't human.
I think i need to take that test myself. Now i just need to find a friend that has it or a store that has it on the demo console....