• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

My Steam Account Got Hacked

RetroOne

My Steam account got hacked last night wiping my whole inventory including Steam Trading Cards. Are there any Steam experts that now how to retrieve this? I contacted Steam support and reported the user but haven't heard back. I also scanned my computer for viruses and turned out Virus Free! Steam Guard was enabled at the time this happened if that helps. Thanks, RetroOne.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
If they got access to your account with Steam Guard enabled it would suggest the attacker also has access to your email. If it were me, I'd probably do a complete wipe of my PC and reinstall the OS to be on the safe side. Also change all passwords.

BTW I did get a message from you on Steam last night and it contained a link to a virus.

RetroOne

Thats what it was and it got sent to all of my friends on my friends list! I apologize if it caused you any harm. And thanks for the tip! It's weird that my anti-virus didn't pick it up. I use WebRoot i that helps.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Valve will have to do that for you, I'd guess. Not sure how they handle these situations.