• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Need help developing an homebrew plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
Can some1 be like my guide, and teach me how to create plugins?
I know it's very hard and time-consuming, but I still want to learn.
I don't care if you'll refer me to guides/tutorials or something, but still it's easier to learn when some1 helps you.
If i'll read tutorials I will never learn

(I want to develope a plugin called: "Save Data Dumper", every time the PSP boots, right after the bootscreen or whatever it's called (the one that says 'PSP' and makes that sound, right after u power up the PSP.
So, anyway, It will dump the folder SAVEDATA (it will copy it) into flash2 or flash3.
I find this extremely useful, and every PSP user will hopefully)

We can do it by e-mail or PM on exophase or ICQ.

Thanks for helpers!

oh and a question, is there any way flash2 or flash3 will get deleted (when updating cfw, or something like that).

I'm doing a lil research on flash2 and flash3 now, I think flash2 is better currently.

edit:
nevermind flash3 is much better.
3x free space.

Acerthief

Do you have basic C language knowledge?
If not, this gets you no where.

**Moved to PSP General.

Dev sections are for people releasing their works!!!

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
I don't know MIPS Assembly and Memory usage:(
oh and there is 1 bad thing about the plugin:
longer boot time.

I think a homebrew app might be better.

are there any tuts?

Acerthief

I don't know MIPS Assembly and Memory usage:(
oh and there is 1 bad thing about the plugin:
longer boot time.

I think a homebrew app might be better.

are there any tuts?

Search around.
psp-programming is where you should start.

Give yourself a few months on the codes before actually coding the program you want.
It took us (roe and I) at least half a year to release our first version of F0 Spacer.

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
U had previous knowledge?
ahh this looks like a basic program, I don't know if I can do it then :(
I'll try

edit:
building took time? or learning?
if building then I give up.
if learning then i'll give it a shot

Roe

Both of us had no previous knowledge of programming and where fairly new when it came to working on computers at the time too xD Our lack of knowledge on computers is probably what took us so long to get understanding the basics. But IMO if you work hard 3 months is definetly enough to learn the basics of C.

@Combina: learning took the most time. About the prx, even though it's not difficult to make, you can't just jump into making programs as the likelyhood is that you won't understand half your code.

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
I have a very big knowledge in computers and PSP, and a slight knowledge in programming (if there is such word XD)

Roe

Well then check out tutorials on cprogramming.com and for psp-specific you can start on psp-programming.com. No-one is going to make it for you, although feel free to ask questions if you have any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.