• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP New PSP model on the way....

karnbmx

ceebs. :)
Before releasing the new Vita, it seems Sony hopes to get some last minute cash off their original PSPs. They seem to have announced a new model, known as the E-1000:

Official Specs Released by Sony

According to the specs, there seems to be no changes to the screen size, but the overall system seems to be unusually chunkier and heavier than its predecessor the 3000.

From these images, they look to have re-introduced UMD support (thank god), and reworked the Home buttons near the bottom of the screen:

Some images of the new E-1000

What do you think?

Adiuvo

The thing better be insanely cheap.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
It's 99€, I've seen it at GamesCom. It comes with firmware 6.50 and Hellcat, npt, me and a bud already hacked it xD On the GC site.

Not impressive. Stay away from it.

january39

eXo Staff
Seems a strange time to release it....

Robby

Los Doyers!
I read about this a couple days ago, wasn't it on this site?

Anyways, it's going to be a EUR release only I believe meaning it won't hit the states.

karnbmx

ceebs. :)
I read about this a couple days ago, wasn't it on this site?

Anyways, it's going to be a EUR release only I believe meaning it won't hit the states.

Well, it's being released in Aussie markets, seeing as how it's advertised on the official Sony Playstation website here.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Well, it's being released in Aussie markets, seeing as how it's advertised on the official Sony Playstation website here.

Oh my bad. I just remember reading that it won't hit the states.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I have a few pictures of the thing for you guys to see:

Yw67M.jpg

YKzHB.jpg

88JyN.jpg

EEGf0.jpg

Most changes are pure aesthetical and you won't feel much of a difference from the 3000 models. The battery is now built-in so no more jigkick batteries. Also the memory stick slot is now on top of the console. The "UMD drive slot" occupies the whole back of the console too.

HerpDerp

Wubwubwub
That's... Relatively interesting to see that they're going back to UMD and Memory Stick, what with the release of the GO, and soon to be Vita...