• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

New trailer released for my most anticipated game of 2009

Chathurga

I used to watch that mod like a hawk, I thought it was going to be vaporware. Thanks for posting this, I've been waiting for something substantial since it was first announced.
Is it going to be as long as the original? That was a giant of a game.

Joey

Chathurga said:
I used to watch that mod like a hawk, I thought it was going to be vaporware. Thanks for posting this, I've been waiting for something substantial since it was first announced.
Is it going to be as long as the original? That was a giant of a game.
As far as I know, it's a complete remake of HL1, using the suped up source engine from The Orange Box... Apparently, that's why it's taken so long for this to come out. They basically had to move development from source, to the updated version, which added a lot more time, obviously.

2009 is so broad though. I hope it's around March or May, and not November or December. This shit looks so epic.

Chathurga

Darth Budd said:
if that's the most anticipated game, then I am a victoria's secret model

HL1 was immense, if you've never played it do it now. This mod has won moddb mod of the year twice, you're damn right it's anticipated.

stdampo3.jpg

Mmmmmm

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm on board as well. This reminds me that I need to finish Episode 2 on the Orange Box for 360. There's a few achievements to be had.

Colm

I WANT.
Been watching this all 2008, the new trailer definately owns the teaser. Looking at how far they've gotten already, I'm pretty sure this will happen... unlike Goldeneye Source where one of the main members of the mod team committed suicide.

Seth

MD Party Room
For anyone who doesnt know what this is..

Half-Life Black Mesa Source...

Anyway this makes me ask Gordon Freeman Vs. Bruce Campbell...

You guys should also check out the official website if you guys want to download the musical soundtrack, it's awesome.

http://www.blackmesasource.com/downloads.php

Joey

I'm on board as well. This reminds me that I need to finish Episode 2 on the Orange Box for 360. There's a few achievements to be had.

Dude, you need to finish Episode 2 just because it's awesome... The end is just incredible.

twelve

I'm not dead
I'm really looking forward to this. I never completed the first Half Life and but I enjoyed The orange box (except Episode 1).

Honestly I can't believe that Valve are allowing it. Then again modders make their work easier (counterstrike for example). I wouldn't be surprised if Valve put it on Steam if it's successful.

Joey

I'm really looking forward to this. I never completed the first Half Life and but I enjoyed The orange box (except Episode 1).

Honestly I can't believe that Valve are allowing it. Then again modders make their work easier (counterstrike for example). I wouldn't be surprised if Valve put it on Steam if it's successful.

Valve is notorious for getting behind stuff like this.

I think they did make them change the name, which I believe originally had "Half Life" in the name, but that was strictly for copyright issues. If it's good, they'll most definitely feature it on Steam... Hell, even it's it's bad they will, judging by the crap Mods they have on there now.

I wouldn't be surprised if this Mod went Garry's Mod style, and Valve lets this team put it up for pay in their store.

Colm

It was "Black Mesa: Source" but Valve said that as Source is their trademark, it's now "Black Mesa"

twelve

I'm not dead
Valve is notorious for getting behind stuff like this.

I think they did make them change the name, which I believe originally had "Half Life" in the name, but that was strictly for copyright issues. If it's good, they'll most definitely feature it on Steam... Hell, even it's it's bad they will, judging by the crap Mods they have on there now.

I wouldn't be surprised if this Mod went Garry's Mod style, and Valve lets this team put it up for pay in their store.
It was called Dark Mesa: Source, they asked them to drop Source from the name so it wasn't confused with it being an official Valve release.

Joey

It was called Dark Mesa: Source, they asked them to drop Source from the name so it wasn't confused with it being an official Valve release.
Yeah, I knew it was something.

But yeah, Valve is awesome about this stuff. If they had a problem, they would have shut it down years ago.

twelve

I'm not dead
Yeah, I knew it was something.

But yeah, Valve is awesome about this stuff. If they had a problem, they would have shut it down years ago.
True I think what I was confused about was the EA connection, I assumed they owned Valve, which isn't actually the case.