• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gaming Nintendo Announces Nintendo 2DS

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Yes, you're reading that correctly. Today Nintendo has announced a 3D-less version of their current handheld and are titling it the Nintendo 2DS. Aside from foregoing the revolutionary glasses-free 3D, the 2DS will also forego the clam-shell design in favor of a slate design, more akin to tablets of today.

Continue reading...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
From my understanding there's no way to get your digital content from a 3DS on the 2DS, or vice versa. Unified account systems have become the norm and for a portable that will still likely be around for another 2-3 years at least, this is pathetic. Was not much of an issue before but with two different flavors of the handheld this is a problem, as there will be people that pick up the 2DS and possibly upgrade to a 3DS later.

Edit: I guess they have a hardware system in place for transfers, shows how much I follow things on the Nintendo side. Still no excuse not to tie downloads to account, especially if your unit is lost or you want to continue playing games on both.

Last edited:

David Sanchez

It looks really toy-ish. I suppose it's cool for folks who don't want to use the 3D features of the 3DS, but I personally like playing most games with the 3D turned on. Paper Mario: Sticker Star, for example, looks vastly superior in 3D.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Would buy. If it wasn't mono. They must have saved SOooo much money by not putting a second speaker in there!/sarcasm

From my understanding there's no way to get your digital content from a 3DS on the 2DS, or vice versa. Unified account systems have become the norm and for a portable that will still likely be around for another 2-3 years at least, this is pathetic. Was not much of an issue before but with two different flavors of the handheld this is a problem, as there will be people that pick up the 2DS and possibly upgrade to a 3DS later.

Edit: I guess they have a hardware system in place for transfers, shows how much I follow things on the Nintendo side. Still no excuse not to tie downloads to account, especially if your unit is lost or you want to continue playing games on both.

But yes I totally agree with this. Nintendo's System is ass backwards and their excuse is that it prevents "Piracy"

>_>

Seriously this is 20013 and this is retarded. If your unit breaks you are fucked